Core Faculty, Couple and Family Therapy
, School of Applied Psychology, Counseling and Family Therapy
Kirk Honda has been a marriage and family therapist in Seattle since 1996 and he has been teaching in the Couple and Family Therapy Program since 1998. He has been supervising clinicians in their work with clients since 1999 and is an AAMFT approved supervisor.
He produces and hosts a psychology podcast called Psychology in Seattle (featured on iTunes). He has been interviewed as an expert in family therapy on the radio and podcasts. He has given community presentations on various psychological topics including marital therapy, teen drug abuse, and therapists’ experience of difficult clinical moments.
- MA, Antioch University Seattle
- PsyD, Antioch University Seattle, Psychology
- Family Advocate Award, Changes Parenting Support Network, 2009
- Educator of the Year, Washington Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, 2012
- Board of Trustees’ Catalysts of Collaboration Award, Antioch University, 2014
- Clinical Fellow – American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist – Washington State – Since 1999