Support from alumni, friends of the university, and others is critical for Antioch University Seattle to fulfill its mission. Your tax-deductible gift can help Antioch University Seattle give scholarships to new students, expand academic programs, and provide educational opportunities to as many people as possible.
New Campus Initiative
Gifts made to the New Campus Initiative will fund everything from artwork, to water efficiency systems, to learning technology — going directly to support students in our new building. This is a special, hands-on opportunity to participate in the building of our new campus home!
Our students are on the right path to transform their lives, but the cost of this journey can be difficult or out of reach. AUS is pleased to offer scholarships to students who have financial need. We are deeply grateful for the support of alumni, faculty, staff and friends of Antioch Seattle.
- Antioch University Seattle General Scholarship Fund
- Antioch University Seattle Student Excellence Scholarship
- Anne Harvey Scholarship
- Berglund Family Scholarship
- National Service Scholarship
- Richard Norris Native American Scholarship
Antioch Seattle Programs and Initiatives
Gifts made to the Annual Fund strengthen academic departments, programs, and projects within the university. Funds can also be designated to specific programs. Here are a few examples:
- Women’s Education Program
- Civil rights Tour for BA students
- Institute of War Stress Injuries, Recovery, and Social Justice
- Art Therapy
Memorial and Tribute Gifts
Recognize someone special. Support AUS.
Tribute gifts are a thoughtful way to celebrate a birthday, wedding, new baby, graduation, or any special occasion. They also serve as a special expression of sympathy by honoring the memory of a friend or relative. Tributes or memorial gifts can honor someone you admire, respect, or want to remember in a meaningful way, such as an alumnus or alumna, a professor, an adviser, a mentor, a co-worker, a family member, or a friend who has made a special impact in your life.
Some examples of how members of the Antioch University Seattle family have made thoughtful tribute gifts:
- Instead of receiving wedding gifts, a recently married board member and his new wife asked that friends make a contribution to support scholarship funds at AUS.
- Following the death of her son, the mother of one of our graduates made a contribution in honor of a faculty member who had made a lasting impression on her child during his time at AUS.
- To honor the recent retirement of a long-time employee, staff and faculty at AUS made gifts in honor of their retiring coworker.
Tribute gifts are a wonderful way to honor someone because it shows that you want to support an organization that means a lot to them. Your tribute gift to AUS will be acknowledged with a card, letting the recipient (or their family) know that a donation has been made in their honor or memory. The amount of the gift is kept confidential and the tax deduction is yours.
How to make a memorial or tribute gift:
When you make your gift, please provide the name of the honoree, occasion or reason for the gift (optional), and the honoree’s address. In case the honoree has passed away, please provide the name and address of the family member whom we should send a card to, as well as their relationship to the deceased.
Make your gift:
- Online by pressing any of the green “Give Online Now” links. Please note: when filling in the web form, specify “memorial and tribute” as the reason you are donating today, and enter the honoree’s name and address in the comments box.
- By phone: Contact the Institutional Advancement office at 206.268.4233
- Or by sending your check with the honoree’s name and address to:
Antioch University Seattle
IA: Tributes and Memorials
2400 Third Avenue, Suite 200
Seattle WA 98121
How to Make a Gift
Your donation enriches Antioch University Seattle’s programs and ability to reach out to students.
Make your check payable to Antioch University Seattle, and send it to Accounting, Antioch University Seattle, 2400 Third Avenue, Suite 200, Seattle WA 98121.
Call the advancement office at 206-268-4233 to donate over the phone. Antioch University Seattle accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
Visit E-Donations to donate through this website.
Double the impact of your donation to Antioch University Seattle. If your company matches gifts to higher education, simply fill out a matching gift form from your human resources office and send it with your gift. Subsidiaries of parent companies are usually eligible and retired employees and non-alumni spouses may also qualify.
Gifts of Stock or Securities
Support AUS while saving on taxes. Gifts of appreciated stocks enable you to save taxes twice: First, you can deduct a stock’s value; second, you bypass capital gains taxes. Your broker can transfer stock or notes directly to Antioch University Seattle’s account with Salomon Smith Barney.
Become a member of the Legacy Club by considering an estate gift.
Memorials and Tributes
Honor a friend, loved one, or faculty member by supporting a scholarship in his or her honor.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to someone in our Advancement office, please contact: