June 12th, 2022 @ 2:00PM
Antioch University Seattle’s annual Commencement ceremony brings together participants from all academic departments. Please check back often for additional information and updates.
We want to give all graduates who had to forego a ceremony due to the pandemic the opportunity to join us for this celebration. Therefore, eligible participants will include anyone who graduated in the Fall of 2019 and anyone who expects to graduate prior to the Fall of 2022, and everyone in between.
Graduation (conferral of degrees) and Commencement are separate events.
- Commencement is a day of celebration, held once per year in June. In order to participate in Commencement, Students need to receive approval from their Faculty Advisor documented by successful submission of a Graduation Application.
- The Graduation Application must be submitted the quarter before the student wishes to graduate and no later than the first month of their final quarter. The completed application will be reviewed by the Registrar’s Office who will then initiate the process for your degree completion, allowing you to graduate from the University. For more information and access to the intent to graduate form, visit our graduation information page.
Each student is guaranteed four tickets. Please indicate whether or not you will need your four (4) guaranteed tickets, or if you will only want 2 or 3 of your tickets. Each student may also be wait-listed for additional tickets on a first come first serve basis, up to 6 total tickets. Please visit the Commencement 2022 Participation RSVP website to reserve your tickets.
Please arrive at Magnuson Park on Sunday by 1:00 pm to check in with the Commencement Staff who will Shepherd you through the day’s Agenda. This includes time to get your robe and any regalia in place as we help you assemble for the Academic Procession.
Commencement COVID-19 Protocol
All attendees at our commencement ceremony on June 12 at 2:00 p.m. will need to show proof of up-to-date vaccination at the door OR a recent negative Covid test.
If you have family or friends who plan to attend commencement, please help them understand our requirements. Please note that an up-to-date vaccine for friends and family is defined as it is for students and employees: vaccination and booster.
If a visitor is not up to date, they can take a home test on the morning of commencement and show us the results (with a time-stamp) on arrival.
We will also continue our practice of indoor masking during this event.
Commencement attire consists of a gown, cap, and tassel. Graduates from Master’s and Doctoral programs also wear a hood. Students are responsible for obtaining their own attire. You can borrow it from previous alums or purchase your own.
New attire can be ordered online directly from Jostens, or you may call them at (800) 854-7464. Please note: orders placed after May 5th may not be delivered before Commencement on June 12th.
Cap and Gown Reuse Program
The program to borrow regalia is no longer open.
If you are still in need of regalia for Commencement, please contact Josten’s to purchase a cap and gown. Their deadline to order is May 5th.
For questions regarding a student’s eligibility for participating in Commencement this June, please contact your Advisor.
- BA Program Contact: Avery Wittington – [email protected]
- CFT/CMHC/AT/DT Program Contact: Michelle Honey – [email protected]
- CES Program Contact: Ann Bradley – [email protected]
- PsyD Program Contact: Saori Den – [email protected]
- Education Program Contact: Marion Honeycutt – [email protected]
- Urban Environmental Education Program Contact: DeNae Vandam – [email protected]