You’re ready to shine. Learn to be an innovative and strategic business leader who combines the newest theoretical and practical knowledge with social well-being in order to succeed. Our philosophy is that a strong sense of social responsibility and mastery of business and finance will help you stand out among competitors. Sharpen your abilities to create inventive solutions to global problems that companies and organizations face today. Unique to the Antioch University Santa Barbara MBA degree program, we offer two choices of learning schedules and modality – so you can balance career goals with your busy life.
This degree is offered by AU Santa Barbara.
This intensive 16-month MBA degree program features courses in social business, corporate/non-profit management, and strategic leadership. AUSB educates a generation of leaders with a strong sense of social awareness and values, who embrace the need to give back to their communities. Our students learn to be strategic, values-based leaders who make a significant contribution to their companies, organizations, and communities by applying the latest management tools, models, and theory.
AUSB’s MBA program offers students two schedule options for completing your MBA while managing multiple life priorities. Our traditional, face-to-face schedule features weekly classes with faculty, peers, and mentors on our beautiful Santa Barbara campus. Optionally, the hybrid schedule allows you to complete some coursework online while balancing other full-time responsibilities. Both options will immerse you in a rigorous yet supportive learning environment.
Our approach focuses on these pillars of excellence:
- Holistic personal and professional development
- Innovative problem solving and executive management techniques
- Globalization and cross-cultural relationship training
- High-power digital brand development and marketing communications
- Social and environmental responsibility that empowers positive change
The AUSB MBA is a 36-unit program that concentrates on the development of strategic leadership competencies in a collaborative learning environment built upon the socially responsible values of the Antioch University MBA. Our coursework covers topics such as:
- Introduction to Social Business, Non-Profit Management, & Strategic Leadership
- Leadership, Teamwork, & Diversity
- Management Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Financial Management
- Entrepreneurship & Leading Change
- Marketing & Communication Strategy
- Integrative Strategic Management
- International Trade & Economics
- Global Philanthropy & Social Responsibility
Integrative Strategy Project
Each student selects a focus for an Integrative Strategy Project (capstone) and, over the span of four courses, develops solutions to critical issues faced by social enterprises, non-profits, and businesses by applying learned strategic leadership and management principles.
Program Length & Schedule
Complete your MBA in 4 semesters over the course of 16 months of full-time study (each semester is 4 months long). To accommodate the learning style and scheduling needs of busy students who are balancing multiple responsibilities, students may choose from one of two learning schedules:
Students complete the MBA courses in person at our Santa Barbara campus throughout the entire 16 months of the program, as follows:
- Weekly evening classes
- Special intensive Friday/Saturday weekend sessions held once a month
- Monthly Friday MBA workshops on special topics, led by world-renowned experts
- Weekly Project Labs, as part of your Integrative Strategy Project, led by faculty and seasoned business professionals
To accommodate the learning style and scheduling needs of busy people who are balancing multiple responsibilities, students may choose an optional hybrid schedule. In this schedule, students complete MBA courses through AUSB’s virtual learning environment, accessed online, throughout the entire 16 months of the program. In addition, they attend courses in-person at our Santa Barbara campus, as follows:
- Special intensive Friday/Saturday weekend sessions held once a month
- Monthly Friday MBA Workshops on special topics, led by world-renowned experts.
- Weekly Project Labs, as part of your Integrative Strategy Project, led by faculty and seasoned business professionals. May be completed either in-person or using AUSB’s virtual learning environment.
- Please note that due to federal regulations, international students will not qualify for this schedule.
Students who complete AUSB’s MBA degree program can find career opportunities such as:
- Chief Executive Officer (for-profit or non-profit organization)
- Chief Operating Officer
- Strategy Director
- Entrepreneur or Social Entrepreneur
- Health Services Manager
- Management Consultant
- Marketing Director
- Sales Manager
- Global Project Manager
- Human Resources Director
- This program may also appeal to the active community board volunteer or lifetime learner who is interested in exploring these fascinating, timely, and important topics
Beyond the basics, our coursework prepares MBA students to take on leadership roles, offering solutions to challenging problems in corporate and non-profit management.
Social Responsibility: Proficiency in synthesizing and applying foundational theory and practices in order to create a socially responsible company or non-profit organization.
Financial Strategies: The skills to implement integrated strategies that will strengthen the financial sustainability of companies or non-profit organizations.
Human Resource Development: Development of an organizational culture and the implementation of practices that support human well-being and the successful performance of the individual, team, unit, and organization.
Systems Thinking: Use of analytic, strategic, and collaborative decision making and innovative problem solving in order to manage complex and changing organizational systems.
Leading Change and Self-Development: Application of theories of change and leadership in order to guide businesses and organizations towards a socially responsible, successful, and sustainable bottom line. As a self-aware manager, he or she reflects upon areas for improvement and continues to evolve and develop the necessary interpersonal and intrapersonal skills to be an effective leader.
Integrated Application: Synthesizing and applying knowledge, metrics, and skills to promote organizational success through the development of a comprehensive strategy and implementation plan.
Global and Cultural Diversity: Awareness and appreciation of global and cultural diversity as part of an interconnected world and can apply an understanding of the social, political, economic, and cultural context in order to lead an inclusive and equitable global company or non-profit organization.
- Complete the online admissions application.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university. Applicants who have not finished their degree must do so before the first day of their desired start term.
- Two letters of recommendation (Recommender should have known/know the applicant in a professional or academic context).
- Current resume
- Scores from GMAT or GRE are not required
- Admission essays:
Please answer two of the three questions below in 300 words or less. Use the following format guidelines for both essays: 12-point font, double-spaced, 1″ margins, top right header: first and last name, “MBA”, and essay number.
- What personal experiences and/or characteristics make you a great candidate for our MBA Program?
- After having been a part of this MBA Program, and if you could control your destiny, how would you envision your life 5 to 10 years from your graduation?
- What do you see as the greatest challenge or challenges, facing people who strive to be leaders in today’s world?
- If your undergraduate degree is below a 3.0 GPA, please respond to this additional question in 300 words or less: What specific factors contributed to your undergraduate GPA, and how have those factors changed so that you can be successful in our MBA Program at AUSB today?
Antioch University Santa Barbara particularly seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to building a student population diverse in gender, ethnicity, age, class, physical abilities, learning styles, sexual orientation, professional backgrounds, and community experiences.
AUSB’s MBA Program is now open to international students.
|Tuition Per Semester Unit||$952|
|$475||Enrollment Maintenance Fee & Thesis/Project Completion Fee|
|$100||All Students - General Fee, (technology, electronic library, student activity)|
|$100||Late Registration Fee|
|$10/$15||Transcript/Transcript & assessments|
|$50||Late Payment Fee|
|$50||Return Check Fee|
Please note: Additional fees for all AUSB programs may include (but are not necessarily limited to) charges for materials, late registration, enrollment maintenance, parking, graduation, transcripts, tuition payment plan, late payments, late registration, and returned checks.
A majority of AUSB students finance their education through some form of financial aid. You may not be sure which federal, state, public and private aid packages – such as loans, scholarships, and grants—are right for you. Our staff is here to help you, so you can focus on what’s most important: beginning your academic program at AUSB. Learn more about financial aid.
There are no upcoming events at this time.