If you desire to use your skills and passion for dance in a counseling role, Antioch University New England’s programs in Dance/Movement Therapy and Counseling lead to truly gratifying career options. Dance/Movement Therapy integrates the mind, body, and spirit through verbal and non-verbal treatment approaches to wellness.
Gain Professional Real World Experiences through Practica and Internships: Dance/Movement Therapy (DMT) incorporates hands-on clinical experience to complement classroom sessions. You complete supervised practica and internships in clinical settings to put your skills, knowledge, and talent to work.
Learn from World-Renowned Faculty: Join students who come to AUNE because our faculty have excellent credentials and are recognized experts in DMT, presenting and publishing nationally and internationally.
The Master of Education degree in Dance/Movement Therapy and Counseling has the same course requirements as the MA program. Supervision requirements for the 700-hour dance/movement therapy internship taken in the third-year are more flexible in the MEd program. For example, MEd internships need not be completed under BC-DMT supervision. However, to receive the R-DMT credential (registry in the ADTA) upon graduation, an ADTA-approved internship under BC-DMT supervision must be completed.
- Minimum number of required semesters: 6
- Expected study sequence: fall, spring, summer, fall, spring, fall
How to Apply
- Complete the online admissions application (includes a non-refundable $50 application fee).
- Submit one official transcript from your bachelor’s degree granting institution.
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from persons who are, or have been, in a position to evaluate your work. The person making the recommendation needs to know you well, but may not be related to you.
- Interview with a faculty member of the department to which you seek entry. This can be in person, by phone, or via Skype. There is a movement interview required for the Dance/Movement Therapy and Counseling Program.
- Master’s and Certificate Programs do not require the GRE or any other standardized test for admissions. We consider all of your application materials, and invite you to demonstrate your academic potential in a variety of ways.
- A Supplementary Application is required for application to the Dance/Movement Therapy and Counseling Program, the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program, the Marriage and Family Therapy Program, the Waldorf Teacher Education Program, and the Environmental Studies Programs.
Admissions application materials can be mailed to:
Office of Admissions
Antioch University New England
40 Avon Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03431-3516
Applicants to the program in Dance/Movement Therapy and Counseling do not need to have an undergraduate degree in dance or psychology. However, applicants are expected to have a significant background in dance (e.g., formal dance technique classes such as: ballet, modern, ethnic dance, improvisation, etc.) as well as at least some college-level classes in psychology. All students must also have a course in anatomy and kinesiology before they graduate from the program. A tutorial is offered through Antioch University New England.
|Department/Program Name||Tuition Cost per Credit||Total Program Credits||Total Program Cost|
|Clinical Mental Health Counseling, MA||$1,016||60||$67,000|
|Clinical Mental Health Counseling, MA (Online)||$721||60||$43,260|
|Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Post-Master’s Certificate||$711||Variable||Variable|
|Clinical Mental Health Counseling with Dance/Movement Therapy Certificate, MA||$1,016||94||$100,340|
|MA in Dance/Movement Therapy: Couple & Family Therapy||$1,016||64||$70,309|
|Dance Movement Therapy, Certificate||$711||29||$25,149|
|Couple and Family Therapy, MA||$1,016||61||$68,016|
|Couple and Family Therapy, PhD||Program charged on semester basis||86-89||$120,907|
|Couple and Family Therapy, Certificate||$711||30||$25,860|
|Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Addictions Counseling||$711||12||$11,552|
|Applied Behavior Analysis, MS||$1,016||33-39||$38,813-$45,401|
|Applied Behavior Analysis, Certificate||$711||21 – 27||$18,706-$22,972|
Please note: Additional fees for all AUNE programs may include (but are not necessarily limited to) charges for materials, late registration, enrollment maintenance, parking, graduation, transcripts, tuition payment plan, late payments, late registration, and returned checks.
A majority of AUNE students finance their education through some form of financial aid. You may not be sure which federal, state, public and private aid packages – such as loans, scholarships, and grants—are right for you. Our staff is here to help you, so you can focus on what’s most important: beginning your academic program at AUNE.