Organizational sustainability, leadership and management skills are essential in nearly any environmental context. We’re here to help you gain the leadership, organizational management, facilitation and community engagement skills to succeed in a variety non-profit, non-governmental, academic, governmental and/or for-profit organizational contexts. Understanding both internal and external organizational issues of justice, human rights, inclusion, and sustainability are essential to social responsibility and leadership. Students enrolled in this certificate gain skills, knowledge and experiences to address these issues at multiple levels—personal, organizational and environmental—in socially responsible ways to serve as catalysts for change throughout their careers.
This certificate is offered by AU New England.
AUNE’s Environmental Studies Department is committed to building leaders and learners capable of addressing today’s complex issues in innovative ways. Effectively building students’ socially responsible organizational capacities is essential to this commitment. This certificate builds upon our proven track record of graduates serving as change agents and justice-minded leaders in a variety of organizational contexts.
The certificate can be completed within 9 to 12 months. Socially Responsible Organizational Leadership certificate courses meet one day/week, hybrid, online and/or as intensives, aligned with our current Environmental Studies’ delivery models.
The Environmental Studies Department offers this 9-credit (minimum) certificate to matriculated and non-matriculated students. Matriculated students who fulfill the requirements of a certificate will earn a dual credential along with their Master of Science. We believe that each of these certificates add tremendous value to Antioch students’ professional development and career opportunities. Students complete the required courses from the Environmental Studies MS curriculum, a minimum of (3 credits) from each of the following areas:
- Certificate Core Requirement (minimum 3 credits):
- ESC 5440 Leadership for Change (3-credit)
- Organizational Sustainability (minimum 3 credits):
- ESM 5160 Building Sustainable Organizations (3-credit)
- ESAF 5000 Financial Administration (3-credits)
- ESS 5780 Principles of Sustainability (3-credits)
- Application (minimum 3 credits):
- ESPE 5600 Energy & Materials Sustainability (3 credit)
- ESPE 5605 Facilitating Organizational Sustainable Practice (1-credit, online)
- ESPE 6005 Organizational Materials & Waste Management (1-credit, online)
- ESPE 6010 Energy Transition: Renewable (1-credit, online)
- ES 5440 Proposal Writing and Project Management (3-credits)
- ESE 5060 Program Evaluation for Conservation & Environmental Educators (3-credits)
- ES 5170 Diversity, Justice and Inclusion (2 credit)
- ES 5030 Dispute Resolution (1-credit)
- ES 5040 Consulting Skills (1credit)
- ES 5890 Global Cultural Awareness and Literacy (1-credit, online)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
AULA Campus Update – Health and Saftey Requirements
by Mark Hower on September 23, 2021 at 6:27 pm
Santa Barbara Management Guru, Author, and Philanthropist Kenneth Richardson Donates $50,000 to Antioch University Santa Barbara
by Antioch University on September 21, 2021 at 5:25 am
Message from the Chancellor on Constitution Day
by William R. Groves, JD on September 17, 2021 at 6:34 am