Leverage psychological research to make meaningful decisions.
The Master of Arts in Psychological Studies is designed to help you further your career in psychology by learning to apply skills in psychological research while gaining hands-on experience. Our goal is to foster creativity, social justice, and innovation in psychological research. Demonstrate your learning not with exams and quizzes, but with reflective essays, reading journals, collaborative projects, research papers, and oral presentations.
This degree is offered by AU Los Angeles.
This 48 unit degree is the appropriate choice if you are seeking a master’s degree in psychology for personal and professional development, en route to a different career goal, and/or academic preparation for doctoral study. You can design an individualized program, which reflects your personal interests, ideals, values, and career path.
Faculty serve as mentors and advisors who make themselves available to you throughout the program. Our curriculum incorporates an introspective approach that helps you develop awareness and insight, while our advising model helps you find your direction and fulfill your goals.
This degree does not fulfill educational requirements for licensure in California, but does provide you with the introductory knowledge, attitudes, and skills in social science research that can be applied in business, non-profit, non-clinical mental health, and other settings. You will delve more deeply into topics of interest through the completion of a master’s level project, such as writing a thesis, conducting original research, and or implementing a community-based project.
- 48 units of coursework and a 4-quarter full-time residency
- 48 units, approximately 12 units per quarter for those who wish to complete the degree in one year and transfer to a doctoral program (longer residencies and more quarters of enrollment are possible)
Students can choose to delve more deeply into topics of interest by completing a master’s level project by writing a thesis, implementing a project, or a non-clinical practicum. Past topics have included:
- Designing a workshop on somatic responses to grief
- Understanding relationships between juvenile delinquency and childhood abuse
- The Psychology of Taste: Cooking, Psychology, and Umami
- Suicidality: Understanding the needs of suicide hotline workers
- Autism and the Family
For detailed curriculum and degree requirements, please visit the AULA catalog.
How to Apply
- Complete the online admissions application.
- Submit the $50 non-refundable Application Fee.
- Submit official transcript indicating Bachelor’s degree conferral from a regionally accredited college or university to AULA Admissions.
- Complete and submit the Admissions Dialogue and Autobiography Essays. These admission essays will help us get to know you as an individual, as well as evaluate your writing ability and your capacity to reflect insight-fully on your personal experience
- After we receive your application materials, we will contact you to make an appointment for a group interview. This interview is an opportunity for you to present your goals and qualifications and to ask questions about Antioch University’s program.
Please submit all materials to: Admissions Office, 400 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230. All application materials submitted become part of an applicant’s file and cannot be returned.
|Quarter||International*/Priority** Application||Final Application***||Classes Begin|
|Summer 2021||April 30, 2021||May 14, 2021||July 6, 2021|
|Units||Cost per quarter|
|17 and over units||$808 per unit for each unit over 16|
|1-3 units||$808 per unit|
Please note: Additional fees for all AULA programs may include (but are not necessarily limited to) charges for materials, late registration, enrollment maintenance, parking, graduation, transcripts, tuition payment plan, late payments, late registration, and returned checks.
A majority of AULA students finance their education through some form of financial aid. You may not be sure which federal, state, public and private aid packages – such as loans, scholarships, and grants—are right for you. Our staff is here to help you, so you can focus on what’s most important: beginning your academic program at AULA.
The Graduate School of Leadership and Change Awarded Funds to Support Positive Social Change To Build Bridges and Tear Down Walls
by Antioch University on January 10, 2021 at 8:14 pm
Statement of Antioch University in Response to the Events of January 6, 2021
by William R. Groves, JD on January 7, 2021 at 8:57 pm
Antioch University Launches Online Bachelor of Science Degree Completion Program in Environmental Studies, Sustainability, and Sciences
by Karen Hamilton on January 7, 2021 at 12:01 am