You’ll find all the information you need to submit your application in this section. Simply choose the type of degree you’re interested in (Undergraduate Bachelor’s Degrees, or Graduate Master’s Degrees) and the details follow.
We’re looking forward to reviewing your application!
Antioch University’s programs are designed to provide a progressive education to prepare students for the complexities of today’s diverse societies. To that end, we conduct an individualized, holistic review of applications for admissions. The review process is designed to help us learn about your strengths and have an opportunity to show you ours.
Antioch University Online particularly seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to building a student population diverse in gender, ethnicity, age, class, physical abilities, learning styles, sexual orientation, professional backgrounds, and community experiences.
Our Admissions team and faculty can help you with the application process including finding the right degree program, submitting transcripts, receiving transfer credit and understanding the application process. Our goal is to make the application process as student-friendly as possible. Please reach out and let us know how we can help.
Antioch University Online’s requirements for candidates to the bachelor completion programs include:
- At least 24 semester credits of transferable undergraduate work completed from a regionally accredited college or university
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation (if requested)
- Completion of an admissions interview with a faculty member (if requested)
When you’re ready to apply, simply complete the Online Application Form.
Master’s of Human Services Administration
- Online Application (No Application Fee)
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or an institution recognized by regional accreditation: exceptions may be reviewed on a case-by-case basis using faculty’s professional judgment such as cases of an international degree. Antioch Online will accept degrees earned under the terms of the Bologna Declaration.
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 (exceptions may be reviewed on a case-by-case basis using faculty’s professional judgment)
- One letter of recommendation (Writer should know the applicant in a professional or academic context)
- Current resume
- Admission essay
- Reading & Writing in English Proficiency Assessment (if applicable) or TOEFL score of 550 “paper-based”, 214 “computer-based,” and 79 “internet-based or higher.
- GMAT or GRE not required
MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Admission Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7
- International students must live in the U.S. and have a TOEFL score of 550 for the paper-based test or 79 for the internet-based examination
- Supplementary admissions statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Completion of an admissions interview with a faculty member
MA in Nonprofit Management & Master of Business Administration Admission Requirements:
- Online Application (No Application Fee)
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Applicants who have not finished their degree must do so before the first day of their desired start term.
- Current resume
- Scores from GMAT or GRE are not required.
- Admission essays: Please answer the question(s) below in 300 words or less for each.
- What do you see as the greatest challenge or challenges, facing people who strive to be leaders in today’s world?
- What personal experiences and/or characteristics make you a great candidate for this graduate program?
- If your undergraduate degree is below a 3.0 GPA, please respond to this additional question in 300 words or less:
- What specific factors contributed to your undergraduate GPA, and how have those factors changed so that you can be successful in our graduate program at Antioch University?
- Additional requirement for international students:
- Reading & Writing in English Proficiency Assessment (if applicable) or TOEFL score of 550 “paper-based”, 214 “computer-based”, and 79 “internet-based” or higher.
Technology Competency Requirements
Students in this program participate in online learning activities organized within small- and large-group learning communities. Antioch University Online is a 100% online learning environment, and therefore, in addition to having the traditional learning skills, students are expected to have the following basic technological skills upon entrance into the program:
- Skill in accessing the Internet and using an internet browser and a search engine
- Skill in basic word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Skill in sending and receiving electronic mail
- Skill in sending, receiving, and making changes to a word-processed document
Individuals who have little or no experience with these technologies will benefit from additional skill development in these areas prior to enrollment in our program.
All students are required to have a computer and Internet access. For students who need to purchase a computer to meet these requirements, the costs can be covered through your financial aid package. Please contact [email protected] for further information.
Consistent and reliable access to a high-speed (i.e. cable / DSL) Internet connection is strongly recommended, particularly for distance, hybrid, and heavily computer-mediated courses. Slower modem connections via telephone lines (56K modems) may result in frustration with the amount of time it takes to remain productive online.
Computer Hardware / Operating System
- Mac or Windows PC with a minimum of 2 GB of RAM; 4 GB preferred
- PC Hard drive capacity 60 GB or higher
- Internal network card or modem for PCs, wireless network card for laptops
- Computer speakers or headphones to listen to audio content
- Webcam to participate in course-related video conferencing
- PC Operating System – Windows 7 or higher
- Mac Operating System – OS 10.5 or higher
Older operating systems and computers with less memory (RAM) and processing power may function and meet your basic needs for computing. However, they may not be adequate to access Antioch’s online resources.
Hand-held and Tablet Devices
Most hand-held and tablet devices (i.e. Samsung Galaxy S III, Apple iPad) capable of displaying web pages will allow you to view the content of many AU systems. Capabilities of these devices vary widely; particularly in their ability to interface with some AU systems (i.e. iPad cannot view Flash content without an additional app). Contact the Antioch Helpdesk (24/7 support) or http://helpdesk.antioch.edu if you have questions about the compatibility of your device with our systems.
Office Productivity Software
Any word processing program that saves and opens text files and that saves in multiple file formats (Antioch University recommends that faculty and students trade files in DOC format to prevent incompatibilities). A good choice for students, in general, is a current office suite package, such as Microsoft Office, that includes word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and other useful software. Some new computer purchases have this software already installed.
Some options are listed below: