Antioch University welcomes military veterans and military-connected students to our campus. We are deeply grateful to those who have served our country in war and peace and honored to have them join our Antioch community.
At Antioch you can use your past experiences as a leader to work on behalf of others to promote a more just and sustainable world. We are dedicated to making education more accessible for our nation’s veterans and their dependents. We have a rich history of providing educational opportunities to veterans through undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Education, and Healthcare.
AU is committed to work with each individual veteran to ensure that you find the program that will be the best fit for your educational goals and aspirations.
Antioch University provides specific support for AUO students in these areas.
Post-9/11 Yellow Ribbon Program
Antioch University is a full participant in the U.S. Department of Veterans’ Affairs Post-9/11 Yellow Ribbon Program. We’ll match dollar-for-dollar the VA Yellow Ribbon amount paid towards your tuition once you reach your annual VA tuition limit.
Other Benefits-Eligible Veterans and Dependents
We honor active duty and honorably discharged Chapters 30 and 33 benefits-eligible veterans and family members with a tuition discount when enrolled in an approved degree or academic certificate program. Benefits-eligible veterans with other VA entitlements also may qualify.
To determine your eligibility for Antioch University’s Veterans’ Benefits, submit your DD-214 and Certificate of Eligibility to the AUS VA Certifying Official in the Registrar’s Office. If transferring from another institution, submit also your VA form 22-1995. Until we confirm your eligibility, you are responsible for paying full tuition.
- Apply for VA Educational Benefits: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/apply.asp
- The Yellow Ribbon Program: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/yellow_ribbon.asp
- Transfer Benefits: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/post911_transfer.asp
- Ohio GI Promise: http://www.ohiohighered.org/veterans
- Get a copy of your DD-214: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/
- Chap. 33 Benefit Calculator: http://www.benefits.va.gov/GIBILL/resources/benefits_resources/rates/ch33/ch33rates080114.asp
- Department of Veteran Affairs: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/
- Shopping Sheet available to Vets who complete the FAFSA process
- Army: https://jst.doded.mil/smart/welcome.do
- Navy & Marines: /PDF/NavMarTrnrequest.pdf
- Coast Guard: http://www.uscg.mil/hq/cgi/active_duty/go_to_college/official_transcript.asp
- Air Force: http://www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf/
We provide full-spectrum (military-to-civilian career) navigation and offer individual, flexible, and relationship-centered services.
- Assist with transition to college environment
We provide one-on-one counseling to discuss your career goals, connect you with necessary tutoring services to help you prepare for placement exams, and assist you with program selection based on your specific needs.
- VA Benefits, tuition assistance and financial aid counseling
We provide one-on-one GI Bill assistance to student veterans and tuition assistance guidance for active duty military. We are subject matter experts in all of your financial aid benefits and needs.
- Acceptance of credits for Joint Services Transcript
We ensure you are getting your maximum amount of college credits for your military training and occupations. In addition, we offer other credit for prior learning as well as easy transfer of credits earned at other accredited institutions
- Alumni Mentor and Networking
We help build connections between current military-connected students and military alumni through publications, mentoring programs, and our nationwide network of alumni. In collaboration with career offices on campus and non-profit organizations in the area, we work towards creating meaningful connections as a stepping-stone for the next career goal.
- Career Counseling and Employment Services
We offer a broad range of assistance designed to provide the best opportunity for career employment upon graduation. We help research and match labor market indicators that best correspond with learned academic skills, work experience, and personal attributes; resume writing; and developing interview techniques. This resource may be especially lucrative for veterans seeking to translate military job experience to the civilian workforce.