This degree is offered by AU Online.
Develop the skills you need to be successful in whatever career path you choose with a BA in Liberal Studies. Skills like leadership, communication, social justice, and sustainable business—all grounded in a foundation of the humanities with a multicultural focus, give you a well-rounded education to succeed.
Apply up to 75 transfer credits, and learn about prior learning credits for professional or military work experience. Become part of a powerful community of engaged students of all backgrounds, and acquire the skills, knowledge, and experience to meet your goals.
Students must choose from one of 3 concentration options:
Students who enter this program with an associate’s degree or equivalent can complete this online liberal arts degree program in as few as 20 months.
Requirements for a Bachelor of Arts degree through Antioch University Connected include a minimum of 120 semester credit hours. A minimum of 45 semester credits must be completed with Antioch University. All majors contain both Interdisciplinary Core and Major Requirements. Major Required Courses vary by concentration.
Interdisciplinary Core Courses:
- Experience and Expression
- Modes and Methods of Learning
- Literary Analysis and Argumentation
- Culture, Conflict, and Social Research
- Foundations of Civilization
- Ecology, Technology, and Society
The customized nature of the Liberal Studies program offers the chance to not only create your own course of study, but to define your own career.
At Antioch, we encourage students to forge their own paths, not to follow established ones simply because they are there. The combination of general liberal arts studies and more focused exploration in this program gives you a foundation that fits your unique interests.
Apply your individualized liberal arts degree in a variety of ways, such as
- Combining Creative Writing classes with Management classes in preparation for a role as an influential writer for a trade business publication
- Mixing Humanities and Human Services Administration classes to lead education or self-improvement initiatives
Antioch’s requirements for candidates to the bachelor completion programs include:
- At least 24 semester credits of transferable undergraduate work completed from a regionally accredited college or university
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation (if requested)
- Completion of an admissions interview with a faculty member (if requested)
Students in this program participate in online learning activities organized within small- and large-group learning communities. Antioch University Online is a 100% online learning environment, and therefore, in addition to having the traditional learning skills, students are expected to have basic technological skills, compatible computer hardware, operating system, and internet connectivity upon entrance into the program.
This program is offered at an affordable rate of just $350 per credit hour, making the program a value that few institutions of Antioch’s caliber can match. This 54-credit completion program can be completed for as little as $18,900 if the rest of the 120 semester credits required for graduation can be fulfilled by approved transfer credits.
Several financial aid options are also available to help you earn your degree. Federal and state grants and federal loans may be available for Antioch students who qualify.