Lisa G. Prosek, MA
Affiliate Faculty, Undergraduate Studies
11 Years Teaching
6 Years Teaching Online
20 Years Communications Professional
Lisa has done freelance writing and nonlinear editing for clients such as WBNS 10TV and ONN. She has experience writing and producing long- and short-form video pieces, producing on-air television promotional spots, writing advertising copy for print and broadcast, and researching and writing other materials.
Her specialties are writing for electronic media, print, screen, and stage; video production; nonlinear editing (Avid & Final Cut); researching; writing instruction and coaching.
- MA, Antioch University Midwest, Creative Writing-Creative Nonfiction, Thesis: Indelible Marks. The collection of essays focuses on my relationship with my mother before, during, and after her death and the way my family dealt with loss. Each essay tells a portion of the story; together the essays paint a poignant impressionistic portrait of medical trauma, family relationships, and self-understanding.
- MA, Antioch University McGregor, Literature-Victorian Novel, Thesis: Railways and Respectability: Riding the Cultural Whirlwind in Mid-Victorian England. Using the rapid development of the British railway system as a metaphor for the brisk growth of Victorian society, analyze the ways Charles Dickens and Elizabeth Gaskell critique the 19th-century notion of respectability in David Copperfield and Sylvia’s Lovers. Because of societal conflict engendered by uncomfortably vigorous cultural movement, Victorians searched for a quick and reliable method of assessing members’ fitness for society, settling on the notion of respectability, or the outward appearance of social acceptability. I show how Dickens and Gaskell point to the limitations of this seemingly dependable solution.
- BS, Ohio University, Communication
- Experience and Expression*
- American Literature*
- Creative Nonfiction*
- Antioch Writers’ Workshop Seminar*
- Expository Writing*
- Critical Writing*
- Adolescent Literature*
- Reading the Words: Finding Literature’s Hidden Meaning*
- Writing Your Story*
- Composition I*
When not in the classroom, Lisa works as a video producer and freelance writer. Her prior experience also includes television programming and on-air promotion as well as advertising and public relations.