- Complete the online admissions application
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required for the ARTC-MA Program. An associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required for the ARTC-BA Program. Submit official transcripts from the college/university where you received your bachelor’s degree to the Antioch University Seattle Admissions Office. Transcript evaluations are required for all coursework completed outside of the U.S. or Canada (except Quebec). See the Transcript Evaluation section on the International Students webpage for details. For those with degrees from other countries, Antioch can work with you to review your transcript.
- Please submit 1 – 2 paragraphs for each of the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a teacher? What values and practices do you want to prioritize as a teacher? How has your previous work in schools shaped your view of teaching?
- Why do you want to be a teacher in the Kent community? What is your connection to Kent schools, families, and communities?
- Antioch University has an explicit commitment to social justice. What is your understanding of social justice and what do you think the role of social justice in public schools should be?
- Letters of recommendation (2)
- Interview – Applicants may be invited to participate in an interview with program faculty.
- Take the WEST-B exam including Reading, Writing, Mathematics subtests (test codes 095/096/097) or approved WEST-B Alternative Basic Skills exam.
- ARTC-MA only: Pass NES Elementary Education exam: NES Elementary Education Passing Score: 220 on each subtest (I and II: test codes 102/103).
Antioch University offers free, face-to-face and interactive test preparation workshops in Kent. Please contact Julia Daniels for more information about test preparation.
All admission application supporting materials, transcripts, recommendations, essays, etc., should be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to:
Antioch University Seattle
2400 3rd Avenue, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98121
|Cost per Credit||Total Program Credits||Total Tuition Cost**|
|$450||52 or 56 with Masters|
(some credits may be waived)
|$14, 700 or less with scholarship
$23,400-$25,200 or less without**
|*Quarterly Student Service and Technology fees included in the calculation. See below for more information on each fee.
**This information is provided as an estimate of total tuition, at 2018-19 tuition rates, for each program based on the total number of required credits to complete the degree, and does not include the required Student Services and Technology fees described below.
Please note: Additional fees for all AUS programs may include (but are not necessarily limited to) charges for materials, late registration, enrollment maintenance, parking, graduation, transcripts, tuition payment plan, late payments, late registration, and returned checks.
MORE ABOUT TUITION AND FEES
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Funded by the Professional Educator Standards Board, $8,000 ARTC Scholarships are available for paraprofessionals from the Kent School District. This is a conditional loan scholarship that is forgiven when the recipient completes two years of successful teaching in Washington State. If you are a Kent district employee and would like to be considered for this opportunity please contact the Office of Admissions for additional details by April 12, 2019.
A majority of AUS students finance their education through some form of financial aid. You may not be sure which federal, state, public and private aid packages – such as loans, scholarships, and grants—are right for you. Our staff is here to help you, so you can focus on what’s most important: beginning your academic program at AUS.
For further information, please contact the following:
For questions concerning the overall program, teacher certification, or ELL Endorsement:
Julia Daniels, ARTC Program Coordinator
Dr. Rachel Oppenheim, Director of the School of Education
For questions concerning the School Library Endorsement:
Dr. Christie Kaaland
For questions concerning the admissions process and requirements:
For questions concerning test preparation workshops:
Program credits are $450 each.
Scholarships available. Please contact financial aid for details: [email protected].