Internship Program Assistant
Hiring Department: Undergraduate Studies
Person Student Reports To: Rosa Garza-Mourina, MA
Average number of Work Hours Per Week: 20
Hourly Pay Rate: $15.00
Student May Have to Work: Quarterly schedule TBD by agreement based on both FWS and Supervisor needs.
Room Number: Remote Position
Telephone Number and extension: 310-578-1080 X223 to be used to retrieve messages
Job Description and Any Special Skills:
Minimum commitment 6 quarters, and previous experience with Google drive.
Based on a quarterly work plan, the Internship Program Assistant helps inspire, guide, maintain and monitor assigned intern-students’ placements, as well as key relationships with academic advisors, evaluators and internship sites. The Internship Program Assistant also supports via email our program relationships with external partners. The student undertaking this position will have the opportunity to develop, apply and hone their self-directed competence and time management skills in a meaningful educational support role.
Keen attention to detail as well as tenacity to meet precise deadlines within approved number of FWS hours are key expectations embedded in this position.
- Sincere interest in the educational value of internship, field studies and service learning
- In-depth understanding of the goals, meaning and impact of students’ internship support processes
- Strong management skills in high volume of email traffic
- Confident command of Word and Excel software as well as Antioch Google Drive platform
- Nimble file keeping, database updating, document printing, and digitizing skills
- Effective written, oral communication and phone skills
- Efficient customer service approach to students, faculty, supervisors and internship sites via email and phone.
To apply for this position, send your resume to: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org