Antioch University New England
Start Date: 8/27/2023
End Date: 5/3/2024
Number of Positions: 2
Hours per Week: 30
Weekends Required: NO
Evenings Required: NO
Supervisor: Michael Akresh
Alternate Supervisor: Jason Rhoades
This position allows for remote work Yes/No: Yes
Percentage of time that could be remote (0-100%): 80%
Method to assess remote work: Supervisor will be in weekly communication with the student to monitor that the work is being completed. We hope to support students in international research and service, raise awareness of international topics and our connection with the wider world, foster students’ career development, and provide a welcoming hub celebrating international community.
- The Institute for International Conservation (IIC), formerly known as the Center for Tropical Ecology and Conservation (CTEC), will be hiring staff.
- The staff will play a pivotal role in IIC to liaise with the local, regional, and international community to cultivate partnerships and develop opportunities for AUNE students.
- Responsibilities include working to expand and strengthen the relationships that IIC has with affiliate international organizations (5 hours/week), building relationships with local and regional organizations (5 hours/week), and building on the database for international internships, jobs, and research/service opportunities (5 hours/week).
- We plan to have staff conduct more fundraising this coming year with merchandise/t-shirt sales, and other activities (10 hours/week).
- The staff will also assist with projects such as international student activities, website updates, social media, coffee orders, and webinars (10 hours/week).
- Lastly, staff may assist with international research and/or service projects being conducted by the Co-Directors of the IIC (5 hours/week).
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability and interest in working independently and in a team
- Interest in international conservation
- Federal work study funds
How to Apply: Send a short cover letter of interest and your CV to Mike Akresh and Jason Rhoades.
Position Type: Work Study
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com