Antioch University New England
Start Date: 5/6/2023
End Date: 5/3/2024
Number of Positions: 1
Hours per Week: 15
Weekends Required: NO
Evenings Required: NO
Supervisor: Michael Akresh, Amy Roy
This position allows for remote work Yes/No: Yes
Percentage of time that could be remote (0-100%): 100%
Method to assess remote work: Supervisor will be in weekly communication with the student to monitor that the work is being completed. The supervisor will also be checking that the data is being collected and entered on a shared Google Sheet (or Google Drive for GIS layers). Additionally, some of the work will be done remotely with the supervisor. Outcomes will be completed and organized datasets of previously and currently collected data, and analyses results.
- Assistant is needed to help with Caribbean bird and GIS research.
- The research assistant will work with AUNE faculty, and collaborators at other organizations.
- The primary work will be assisting on a project with GIS, remote sensing, and statistical analyses examining land cover classifications and habitat suitability of an endangered migratory bird in The Bahamas (15 hours/wk).
- Some additional work may be conducting bird and vegetation surveys in the field.
- Interest in research that focuses on Caribbean birds and plants
- Excellent data management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Quantitative skills; ability to use Excel, R, and ArcGIS
- Federal work study funds
How to Apply: Send a short cover letter of interest and your CV to Mike Akresh. Email: [email protected].
Email: [email protected]
Position Type: Work Study
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com