Senior Program Administrator, Master of Arts in Psychology Program
Location: Culver City, CA
Website Antioch University Los Angeles
The Senior MAP Program Administrator is responsible for leading, coordinating and overseeing all administrative functions and responsibilities associated with the MAP Program, Antioch University’s largest academic program. The Senior MAP Program Administrator reports to the Chair of the MAP Program, and supervises all program administrative staff, including Program Coordinators and Federal Work Study students.
The Senior Administrator has detailed knowledge of, and can articulate the structure and content of the MAP Program, including requirements, curriculum, policies, procedures, standards, philosophy, and long-range plans and strategies. The Senior Administrator is a significant contributor to program development, marketing and outreach, and student recruitment and retention. Along with the MAP core faculty, the Program Coordinator is part of the public face of the program, working closely with prospective students, adjunct faculty, current students, program alumni, and members of the Los Angeles professional community.
The position requires budget development and oversight expertise; forecasting, planning and systems development; strong interpersonal communication skills; supervisory skills; organizational skills; PC word processing, spreadsheet, and desktop publishing capability, as well as the ability to work with integrated academic software; and the ability to handle many tasks simultaneously. The Senior Administrator is relied upon for sound advice and problemsolving, and is counted upon to maintain confidentiality on issues related to faculty hiring, salary, student status, conduct and performance, student and faculty grievances, and other sensitive matters and program concerns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinate and manage administrative functions to support faculty
- Create and maintain systems for recruiting, hiring and supporting adjunct and affiliate faculty; develop and maintain program course schedules.
- Develop and facilitate faculty and staff trainings to enhance student support and success, knowledge of and adherence to university and program policies and procedures; provide training and systems to support faculty in completing course administrative responsibilities (e.g. attendance, narrative evaluations, etc.).
- Develop, document and disseminate program policies and procedures to faculty, staff, students, and university colleagues.
- Establish procedures to support faculty in fulfilling program expectations relevant to completion of student evaluations; monitor timely submission of evaluations, inform Chair of progress; organize and collect student evaluations of each course.
Budgeting and Resource Management
- Support chair, specialization directors and faculty in developing yearly curricular plans and budgets; Compile information and reports related to program budgets, enrollments, faculty workload, and so forth.
- Provide timely budget status updates and forecasting, and maintain systems that provide accurate budget and enrollment data to enable informed decision-making by program chair and faculty.
- Assess resource and personnel needs and ensure budgets reflect and track their utilization through the year in consultation with chair and MAP faculty and specialization directors.
- Provide regular reports on budget status and progress to ensure data-driven and timely decision-making and actions to support program goals and enrollment projections.
Student Recruitment & Success
- Establish smooth and efficient process of recruiting and processing new students in direct collaboration with the Admissions team.
- Prepare and distribute program recruitment materials and program policies.
- Plan, prepare, and execute quarterly New Student Orientation and Registration meetings to support MAP program coordinators.
- Serve as student liaison to the Registrar’s Office.
Coordinate MAP operations with MACP and with all Expansion Sites
- Maintain regular communications with MAP expansion sites and MACP program in AUSB; develop and enhance mutual support and innovation, support student success, and build mutual relationships among key stakeholders.
- Share and seek out information related to best practices, challenges, and emerging trends at sites and AUSB to optimize operations and maximize collaborative approaches to mutual concerns as appropriate.
- Inform program chair and faculty about any emerging issue relevant to either campus or site that may present either opportunities or challenges to the smooth functioning, integrity and reputation, or viability of the MAP program or any of its components.
Management and Supervision
- Oversee, evaluate, and direct work assignments of Program Coordinators, Federal Work Study students, and other relevant program staff; delegate tasks as needed.
- Advise/Inform program chair, specialization directors and faculty about emerging issues involving student success, faculty performance, curriculum developments and propose revisions and adjustments to procedures and practices when appropriate.
- Maintain archive of course numbers, descriptions and syllabi, and resumes of all faculty.
Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Masters degree from an accredited university
- A minimum of five years of work experience relevant to the responsibilities of the position, with experience in university and mental health settings especially desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and follow through on multiple assignments.
- Extensive experience supervising subordinates
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple and complex tasks under time pressured situations
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills for interaction with staff, faculty, alumni, and others
- Skills and experience in designing and conducting training, workshops, and presentations advantageous
- Experience and proficiency in database design and management, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), use of email and other software platforms as needed
- Experience with academic registration databases, helpful
- Knowledge of BBS Regulations for Marriage and Family Therapists and Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors preferred
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with co-workers in achieving objectives and problem solve as part of a team.
Internal: Works closely and frequently with Provost, program chair, faculty, academic administrators, staff and students.
External: Works closely with prospective students, alumni, various community organizations and local businesses, mental health organizations, clinical supervisors and clinical training partners, and professional associations.
Hours of Employment: This is a full-time position. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the program chair.
Compensation and benefits: Salary is DOE. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation, prescription drug card, life insurance, disability option, and pension plan. Tuition benefit is available after one year of employment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified applicants are required to submit: cover letter referencing the job title; resume; and three (3) professional references (names/phone numbers).
Documents submitted via email as attachments must be in Microsoft Word or pdf format. Please add job title on resume, cover letter and on the email subject line. Review of applications will continue until finalists are selected. Send required document to email address: [email protected] with “SR MAP Administrator” in the subject line.
Antioch University LA reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com