Social Media- Community Manager
Location: AU Campus or Remote
Website Antioch University
As a Social Media and Community Manager, you will report to a Director of Marketing and will serve as the social media marketing lead for the University’s social channels. In this role, you will act as a channel manager for Antioch’s primary social media profiles, and will also participate in the day-to-day management of a peer-to-peer networking tool as well.
In this role, you will act as a direct line of contact for Antioch in matters concerning social media marketing execution and channel moderation. This is a perfect opportunity for someone with exceptional attention to detail and a passion for crafting story-driven social media content that both enhances and supports Antioch University’s brand, while also resonating with our various audiences.
As Social Media & Community Manager, you will work with Antioch’s Marketing Directors to develop long- and short-term goals to support enrollment and growth of brand awareness, and partner with Antioch’s Storyteller to optimize communications content. This role requires critical and strategic thinking skills, the ability to speak about a number of different specialized topics, initiative to seek out opportunities as well as support and experts, and sensitivity and professionalism at all times in communications about programs, students, staff, faculty, social, environmental, and economic justice, and diversity issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Content Generation & Implementation -70%
- Work with marketing leadership, academic departments, and Storyteller to define social media stories and narratives that both support the strategic initiative and resonate with end users
- Collaborate with marketing leadership to develop and refine posting and content strategies that support recruitment, branding, and alumni campaigns.
- Research, write, edit, and publish engaging materials for social platforms that are captivating, relevant, on brand, authentic, and promote Antioch
- Create, support, and schedule social content calendar with daily/weekly posts to promote brand awareness and thought leadership to Antioch’s audiences on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other platforms.
- Leverage knowledge of marketing communications strategy across social channels, including video
- Support SEO and SEM initiatives through optimization of social media strategies and inbound marketing to improve website traffic from social channels and generate leads.
- Engage in partnership development across social platforms through influencers and existing partners.
- Maintain a consistent brand voice in all communications and postings.
- Work with partner agencies to develop content, leverage existing campaigns, and outline organic and paid posting strategies
- Report on KPIs and progress, and interpret analytics according to stated goals.
- Community Management -20%
- Participate in and moderate conversations happening on various Antioch social media channels (ie. Facebook & LinkedIn comments, Twitter mentions and tags, etc.)
- Interaction and cross-posting with Antioch partner organizations
- Develop and implement a plan for social listening around Antioch University, it’s campuses, and programs, as well as for general industry information in focus areas where Antioch has expertise
- Work with Marketing Directors to develop and implement strategy to connect prospective students to other students, alumni, and faculty using a peer-to-peer networking tool and other available platforms
- Training/Supervision -5%
- Advise faculty, staff, and students on best practices for social media posts to help ensure accurate and on-brand posting across all platforms, especially LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Train and manage work study students to assist with generating content for social media platforms
- Miscellaneous -5%
- Recommend procedure modifications or improvements
- Improve documentation of processes and systems
- Pursue self-education and development to enhance skills and abilities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing, English, journalism, communications or closely related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience in communications or marketing, focused on social media
- Experience in higher education, non-profit, or for-profit social enterprise preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This position requires the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Intermediate to expert level experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, video platforms (YouTube preferred). Experience with Snapchat, Tiktok, and other current and emerging social platforms.
- Strong interest in current media and social media trends
- Knowledge of current cultural and technology trends
- Able to write content for a variety of audiences and platforms, with the ability to speak to several different topic areas and maintain branding and tone
- Able to work professionally and build trust at all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of individuals, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and prioritize efforts; able to meet deadlines and work on and prioritize multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong editing and proofreading skills are a must
- Knowledge and proficiency using Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Apps – Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Hangouts; able to learn new software and technology
- Knowledge of higher education highly preferred
Hours of Employment
This is a full-time position serving a national university. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor. The typical work week is Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week with occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
Office location TBD; position may be located at a campus or remote.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Apply, qualified applicants should submit a coverletter, resume/CV and three business references.
Click here to apply:
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs