Location: Keene, NH
Normally this is a campus-based position, but as the campus is shut down or limited to “as needed” access during the Covid Pandemic, the position is working remotely. Additional duties include, but not limited to, remote support of employee computers, participating in scheduled shifts of phone support and review & update of documentation. As campuses begin to reopen, responsibilities will shift back to campus.
This position is primarily responsible for installing and configuring system hardware and software. Additional responsibilities include installing and/or maintaining communication network equipment, performing advanced troubleshooting and repairs, vendor technical liaison functions, and assisting in developing information management plans.
The position has access to sensitive and confidential data, including student and financial information, passwords, etc. The technician must maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of his/her role. A background check of the potential applicants will be performed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repairs, maintains, troubleshoots, and installs workstation hardware, operating systems, and applications in classrooms, offices, and computer labs.
- Provides thorough technical support for end users’ workstations and other computer-related hardware and applications including peripherals, such as copier/printers and tablets. Limited support of servers will be required, and the Antioch server support team will direct these efforts.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely, and via phone.
- Provides local support for both wired and wireless networks, and data and voice networks.
- Coordinates acquisition, installation, and upgrades of end user hardware and software and provides access to shared file, print, and backup services.
- Assists end-users with answers to questions and problems and coordinates vendor support if necessary.
- Login to Ticketing software and work on submitted requests for service and/or assistance.
- Researches and recommends new technology.
- Applies commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures for Apple and Windows PC’s.
- Identifies, prioritizes, and resolves reported problems including voice, data, account administration, e-mail, desktop, and institutional applications issues.
- Works with other IT group personnel to manage an effective triage and resolution procedure.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains AV equipment, such as DVD players, overhead projector with external speaker systems and support classroom technology for remote learning.
- Understands and follows all documented service operations policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet Antioch needs.
- Associates Degree in CIS or a directly related field and one (1) year experience in related field, or five (5) years’ experience In the IT field.
- Extensive experience in hardware installation including PC setup (out of the box), configuring drives, memory, and a wide variety of other hardware. The candidate will also know desktop operating systems including, but not limited to, Windows 7 and 10, and current versions of MacOS.
- Should have a basic understanding of networking fundamentals and equipment (switches and wireless access points).
- Good working knowledge of O365 and common productive software.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptive, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical personnel, both written and verbally.
- Ability to define and solve problems to help our users.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- May require travel to other campuses.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience with Service Now or other ITSM Tools.
- Experience with RDP applications
- Computer Imaging & Deployment.
- VOIP support and configuration.
- Experience working with Active Directory.
- Cisco AnyConnect experience.
- Experience supporting Zoom.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
PHYSICAL AND SCHEDULING REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently is required to visit offices on all floors of the campus and provide technical assistance. The employee is also required to use simple hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, etc. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move computers and related hardware. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Hours of Employment:
This is a non-exempt, full-time position with hours of 8AM-5PM Monday through Friday. Occasional weekend and/or after-hours work may be required. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor.
The position is campus based at the AU New England campus in Keene, NH with temporary remote option until campus is open.
Qualified applicant must submit a cover-letter, resume/CV and three business references when applying. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs.