Writers’ Exchange Graduate Assistant
Location: Seattle, WA
Antioch University Seattle
Position Title: Writers’ Exchange Graduate Assistant
Department: VWC/Writers’ Exchange
Supervisor: Anne Maxham,Ph.D.
Hiring Manager Contact: [email protected]
Hours per Week: A work schedule will be established in consultation with the WEX Director and governed by the amount of financial aid awarded to each individual in the position.
The Writers’ Exchange, a project of the Virtual Writing Center, is hiring a Graduate Assistant to support its online center that offers fee-based writing and coaching support to AU doctoral students. The position avails a flexible schedule in working remotely with periodic virtual/phone meetings with the director and other WEX personnel. The graduate assistant will report directly to the WEX Director and assist in social media and administrative work. Work responsibilities are flexible to conform with applicant’s skills.
FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meet regularly with the WEX Director.
• Manage WEX’s online presence through regular postings on social media and updating the website’s blog.
• Engage in ancillary work related to resource development and writing as directed.
• Assist with other responsibilities assigned by director.
• Understanding and experience with social media, web development, and online communication.
• Experience in copy-editing and/or proofreading would be helpful.
• Strong collaborative and project management skills.
• A strong self-directed work ethic and ability to regularly schedule and to fulfill their WEX responsibilities.
• Most importantly, we seek individuals who are reflective and collaborative, able to accept and utilize feedback, and eager to grow and develop their own skills
Only students with Federal Work-Study eligibility may apply. Contact the Financial Aid Office at [email protected] if you have any questions about your eligibility.
To apply, please complete the steps outlined in the application at the following link (https://www.antioch.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/wex-ga-application-ay21_22.doc)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org