Your Antioch University Los Angeles education is an affordable investment in your future. We are pleased to offer a variety of federal, state, local, and institutional funding opportunities, and we are here to help you through the entire financial aid process.
A Way to Fit Your Budget
Most Antioch University Los Angeles students use financial aid to help finance their education. The Financial Aid Office can design an aid package based on your eligibility and personal level of need. Options to finance your education include Federal and California State grants, Federal Direct loans, and Federal Direct Graduate PLUS loans. Search for scholarships, evaluate a variety of loan options, and look at other types of aid—your education is more affordable than you might think. You can also arrange to pay all or a portion of your tuition each quarter in monthly installments with a tuition payment plan. Contact Student Accounts for more information or to arrange a plan.
The Financial Aid process generally takes up six to eight weeks. The Financial Aid team is here to help if you need us. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if we can answer questions or provide additional information.
Apply for Financial Aid in Three Easy Steps
- Apply for admission if you are a new student. Apply early to have your financial aid processed on time. Only students admitted to a degree or approved certificate program can receive financial aid.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- You can complete the application online at www.fafsa.gov or call 1-800-4FED-AID to request a paper copy.Read the instructions carefully, follow all the required steps, and ensure you list Antioch University LA’s school code E00554 on your list of schools. After you submit your FAFSA, you will receive a confirmation number and link to your Student Aid Report (SAR) via email.
- When you receive the email, check your SAR for errors. If corrections need to be made, make them online and submit the changes. You will receive another email confirmation. Directions are included in the email.Antioch University Los Angeles will receive your FAFSA electronically. As soon as the Financial Aid Office sees you are accepted, they will process your financial aid award package. You will then receive an email at your AULA email account which will outline what you will qualify for, and what you will need to do to accept any offered aid.
Your family income, size and the number of people in your family attending college along with the cost of attending Antioch University are all factors that help determine your financial need. Cost of attendance for tuition, books and cost-of-living allowance are also included in the calculation of financial need. Antioch University uses formulas established by the federal government to determine need, based on the information you provide on the FAFSA.
While financial aid is intended to support only your school expenses, an allowance for indirect costs such as housing, food, personal expenses, and transportation is part of this cost-of-attendance budget.
The difference between the cost-of-attendance budget and your student contribution is what is called your financial need.
Antioch University considers several factors for financial aid eligibility. To qualify, you must:
- Demonstrate financial need through the application process
- Be accepted into a degree or certificate program
- Register at least half-time
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Not be in default status on previous loans or owe an overpayment on aid
- Be registered with the Selective Service (if male). If you are older than 26, you must -have registered by age 25