All adults have encountered many hurdles throughout their lives, while maturing with age and gaining expertise. Human development does continue through midlife, however, as new challenges present themselves and life’s burdens continue to weigh. Our Professional Clinical Counselor Specialization will empower you to use career counseling theory and career-focused assessment techniques to approach normative development across the lifespan with strategy and tact.
This degree is offered by AU Los Angeles.
Our Professional Clinical Counselor Specialization prepares students with the skills to work in a variety of different social justice-focused settings, using career development and adult development-focused strategies. After completing this specialization you will meet the eligibility requirements for both the MFT and PCC licensure upon graduation.
Specialization Courses (17 units)
- Psychoeducational Groups & In-Service Training Development
- Career Development I
- Program Development & Evaluation
- Career Development II
- Integrative Treatment of Addictive and Co-occurring Disorders
- Professional Ethics for Clinical Counselors
- PCC Electives (2 Units)
For detailed curriculum and degree requirements, please visit the AULA catalog.
- MA in Clinical Psychology, Addiction and Recovery Specialization
- MA in Clinical Psychology, Applied Community Psychology Specialization
- MA in Clinical Psychology, Child Studies Specialization
- MA in Clinical Psychology, General Practice Specialization
- MA in Clinical Psychology, LGBT-Affirmative Psychology
- MA in Clinical Psychology, Psychological Trauma Studies Specialization
- MA in Clinical Psychology, Spiritual and Depth Psychology Specialization
There are no upcoming events at this time.