Tex and Lien Boggs Library
The Library provides educational resources and services to support learning and scholarship at AULA. It creates and maintains a productive and comfortable environment conducive to thought, research, and study for members of the academic community. It houses a small and provocative collection of books and films, and subscribes to extensive electronic resources to support graduate level research.
Librarians are here to work with the AULA community in various ways: basic to advanced library research skills, database digging, citation assistance, critical reading skills, research mapping, formulating research questions, academic reader’s advisory, in-class and online instruction sessions, workshops, one-to-one sessions, academic technology assistance and much else.
AULA Library Award 2018 — 3 awards, $800 each
The AULA Library Research Award recognizes excellence in library research. Library research is defined as research employing existing information, from peer-reviewed scholarship to archival material, articles to books to ephemera. If you meet the following criteria, please submit your paper for consideration:
- Did you or your group use materials from the AULA Library collections, materials available in either electronic or paper format?
- Did you complete and submit a research paper for a class, workshop, or independent study from May 1, 2017 through April 30, 2018?
- Did your use of library collections and services make a difference in your research paper? Did you choose resources that benefitted the quality of your understanding of a topic and were you able to successfully synthesize those materials into your paper?
- Did your skills as a researcher grow because of your use of library collections?
- Did pursuing your use of library collections inform and strengthen your understanding of the collection as a whole, and the avenues available as you pursue your studies?
The application deadline to turn in all documents for the 2018 prize is Friday, May 4, 2018.
The AULA Library is committed to providing avenues and access to knowledge in support of the educational goals of the University, and is dedicated to social justice, inherent to the philosophy of librarianship.