Lucille Byno, PhD
Assistant Professor, Marriage & Family Therapy, Applied Psychology
Dr. Lucy Byno has worked on a research team to further explore the characteristics of emerging adult love and sexual relationships.
Currently, Dr. Byno is most excited to play a part in helping students work toward making a difference in the lives of others, and seeing them opening themselves to self-growth. The core of her teaching, therapy, and research is inspired by an attempt to make a positive difference in the lives others.
Dr. Byno’s current research interests are systemic mindfulness in therapy and supervision, relationship development and maintenance, sexuality in relationships, therapist self-care and wellness.
- PhD, Florida State University; Dissertation research focused on the sexual behaviors and attitudes of emerging adults, as well as the influence of their parents’ attitudes toward sexuality on the emerging adult behaviors and attitudes
- Post Master's Certificate in Marriage & Family Therapy, Valdosta State University
- MS, Sociology, Valdosta State University
- BS, Psychology, East Tennessee State University
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, LMFT, NH and FL
New Hampshire Association of Marriage and Family Therapist, Education Committee co-chair
American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, Clinical Member and Approved Supervisor
National Council on Family Relations, Member
- PY576 ; Postmodern Family Therapy
- PYI518 Human Sexuality & Sex Therapy
- Master’s Professional Seminar
- Master’s MFT Practicum
- MFT711 – Appraisal and Assessment in MFT
- Doctoral Professional Seminar
- Doctoral MFT Practicum
Kappa Omicron Nu Honor Society, Member
Alpha Kappa Delta International Sociology Honor Society, Past Member