Teaching Faculty, Education
Project Manager, Horatio Colony Nature Preserve
School Coach, Antioch Center for School Renewal
- PhD, Teacher Education and Curriculum Studies (TECS), Teacher Education and School Improvement (TESI), expected May 2019
- MEd, Antioch University New England
- MS, Antioch University New England
- BA, Sociology, University of New Hampshire
Bocko, P. (2016) Synergy between problem-based learning and educating for sustainability: A review of the literature. In R. Papa, & A. Saiti (Eds.), Building a sustainable future in education: Brick by Brick (Chapter 11). New York, NY: Springer.
Bocko, P. (2014). Leverage point: The shifting landscape of teacher evaluation. In D. Sobel, P. Bocko, & S. J. Gentile (Lead Authors), National action plan for educating for sustainability (pp. 18 - 19). Boston, MA: Hougton Mifflin Harcourt.
Sobel, D., Bocko, P., & Gentile, S. J. (Lead Authors). (2014). National action plan for educating for sustainability. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
Bocko, P. & Saba, R. (Eds.) (2000). Rachel Marshall Outdoor Learning Laboratory teacher resource book (2nd ed.). Keene, NH: Antioch New England Institute.
Bocko, P. & Denehy, S. (1998). Pondering vernal pools. Connect, Teachers' Innovations in K-8 Science and Math, 11 (3).
Sociocultural and reconstructionist theories of education
Educating for sustainability
Thinking in systems
Environmental and nature-based education
Teacher education and development
Professional learning communities
- Leading with Data: A School Profile
- Problem Solving Science
- Real World Sustainability
- Place-based Education
- Problem-based Learning
- School Change
- Community Partnerships
- Connecting Curriculum and Communities
- Real World Learning
- Experiential Education: Learning in Meaningful Contexts
- Curriculum Design: Environmental Education
- Environmental Education Methods: Public Schools
- Environmental Education Methods: Service-Learning
- "Project-based learning." Antioch Center for School Renewal, Gill Elementary School, Gill, MA 2017-2018.
- "Professional Learning Communities for Science Education," Antioch Center for School Renewal, School Union 28, Erving, MA 2016-2017.
- "Place-based Education and Outdoor Learning Labs," Student Conservation Association, Massachusetts Corps, Hawley, MA, October 2016, 2017.
- "Critical Skills Level I Institute," Antioch Center for School Renewal, Cluny School, Newport, RI, June 2016.
- "Inquiry Science," Antioch Center for School Renewal, Pelham School District, Pelham, NH, June 2015.
- "Developing Collaborative Curriculum Maps," Collaborative for Educational Services, Bement School, Deerfield, MA, 2014-2015.
- "Positive, Engaging Classrooms Using Critical Skills and IB," Pentucket Regional School District, West Newbury, MA, August 2014.
- "Building District Determined Measures," Collaborative for Educational Services, Hopkins Academy, Hadley, MA, May 2014.
- "Building Capacity for Teaching Literacy Across the Curriculum," Collaborative for Educational Services, Southwick-Tolland-Granville Regional School District, Southwick, MA, March 2014.
- "Looking at Student Work," Collaborative for Educational Services, HEC Academy, Northampton, MA, March 2014.
- "Creating District Determined Measures," Collaborative for Educational Services, Hatfield School District, Hatfield, MA, January - March 2014.
- "Critical Skills Level I Institute," Antioch Center for School Renewal, Green School, Bali, Indonesia, September 2013, February 2014.