- Community Garden Connections Education Manual
- Growing for Good: A Community Garden Connections Manual
- Community Garden Connections Garden Resource Hub
New England, National & International Organizations
- Community Garden Start-Up Guide
- Gardens Network – Community Groundworks
- American Community Garden Association-Starting a Community Garden
- City of Seattle P-Patch Program-Starting a Community Garden
- University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension
- Northeast Organic Farming Association
- American Community Gardening Association
- Community Food Security Coalition
- Early Sprouts (Keene, NH)
- Cornucopia Project (Peterborough, NH)
- Stonewall Farm (Keene, NH)
- The Sustainability Project (Gilsum, NH)
- Tracie’s Community Farm (Fitzwilliam, NH)
- Seeds of Solidarity (Orange, MA)
- The Food Project (Boston, MA)
- East New York Farms! (NYC)
- Civic Garden Center of Cincinnati (OH)
- Youth Farm & Market Project (MN)
- Accessible Gardens For All (MA)
- Community Groundworks (Madison, WI)
- National Gardening Association’s Kids Gardening Resources
- The Edible Schoolyard Project
- University of Illinois Extension (school gardening)
- Windham County Farm to School (for veggie of the month)
- National Junior Master Gardener Program
- Garden Forever (gardening for all ages, abilities, and lifestyles)
- Earth Easy (a guide for gardening with children)
- Wisconsin School Garden Network
- Parts of a Flower – Activities for Children
- Gardening for Kids
- Gardening at Home with Kids
- Composting for beginners
- Easy Step-by-Step Guide to Vegetable Gardening
- Got Veggies? & Got Dirt? (curriculum & guides)
- Winne, M. (2005) Community food security: promoting food security and building healthy food systems.
- Growing in the Garden (Iowa State Program & Curricula)
- Community Gardening ToolKit
- Garden Grow Leader Handbook
- Teaching in Nature’s Classroom: Core Principles of Garden-Based Education
- USDA Community Food Security Assessment Toolkit
- Seattle Public Services Guide to Composting at Home
- Bellamy, A. (2014). Small-space vegetable gardens : Growing great edibles in containers, raised beds, and small plots.Portland, Oregon: Timber Press.
- Cassidy, P. and Winwood, M. (2011). The Illustrated practical guide to gardening for seniors: how to maintain a beautiful outside space with ease and safety in later years. London: Lorenz Books.
- Coblyn, S. (2001). French Fries and the Food System: A year-round curriculum connecting youth with farming and food. Lincoln, MA: The Food Project.
- David Driskell, D. (2002). Creating better cities with children and youth: A manual for participation. London: Earthscan.
- Deelstra, T. and Girardet, H. (1999) Urban Agriculture and Sustainable Cities. In Growing Cities, Growing Food. Pp. 43-65.
- Gale, G. (2001). Growing Together: A guide for building inspired, diverse and productive youth communities. Lincoln, MA: The Food Project
- Klindienst, P. (2006). The Earth Knows My Name: Food, Culture, and Sustainability in the Gardens of Ethnic Americans. Boston: Beacon Press.
- Nardozzi, C. (2009). Vegetable gardening for dummies (2nd ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley Publishing Inc.
- USDA Hardiness Zone Map
- UNH Cooperative Extension Publications
- Johnny’s Seed Calculator (when to plant)
- Heavy Petal (planting charts)
- Fell, D. (2011). Vertical gardening: grow up, not out, for more vegetables and flowers in much less space. Emmaus, PA: Rodale.
- Massingham, R. (2011). Vertical vegetables and fruit: creative gardening techniques for growing up in small spaces. North Adams, MA: Storey Publishing
- Coleman, E. (1995). The New Organic Grower: A Master’s Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener. White River Junction, VT: Chelsea Green Publishing Co.
- Krupp, R. (2001). The Woodchuck’s Guide to Gardening. Milton, VT: Villanti and Sons, Printers, Inc.
- Homeyer, H. (2007). The New Hampshire Gardener’s Companion: An Insider’s Guide to Gardening in the Granite State. Guilford, CT: Globe Pequot Press.
- Bubel, M. and Bubel, N. (1991). Root Cellaring: Natural Cold Storage of Fruits and Vegetables. North Adams, MA: Storey Publishing.
- The Sustainability Project: Monadnock Community Gardening & Seed Saving Initiative
Monthly garden visits to various gardens in the area, April – September. To get in the loop send an email to email@example.com
- UNH Cooperative Extension
Visit UNH Cooperative Extensions events calendar to see what’s coming up.