Ready To Apply?
We’re excited you’ve decided to take the next step and apply to AU Santa Barbara! We’ve worked hard to make it as easy as possible, and are here to answer any questions you might have along the way. Get started today!
You’ll be asked to sign up and create your application portal account. From there you will be directed to our simple online application.
Already Started Your Application?
- If you started your application prior to June 1, 2018, please check your e-mail after June 4, 2018, for updated login information, or contact Admissions
- If you started your application after June 1, please click here to login and continue your application.
- If you would like to change your start term date or have any other questions, please contact Admissions. We’re happy to help!
Are you seeking readmission to a program you were enrolled in but stopped attending within the last 3 years? If so, click here to complete the Re-enrollment Application.
AUSB offers Bachelor’s degree completion programs. All applicants to the undergraduate programs must have completed at least 24 semester units or 36 quarter units to be eligible for admissions
Applications must include the following:
- Completed online application
- Official transcripts from all current and previously attended colleges or universities. Unofficial transcripts are accepted to get your admission review process started, and can be uploaded in the online application or emailed to email@example.com.If applying with less than 90 quarter units (60 semester units) of transferable credit: high school transcript or proof of GED completion
- Admissions essay
The essay portion of your admission application is strongly considered; for this reason, you are encouraged to follow all instructions closely. Essays should demonstrate your best writing quality. It is expected that you complete this essay (including any form of editing and revisions) without the assistance of anyone else; any essay submission that does not follow this guideline is considered fraudulent. In one, two-page essay, please respond to the prompt below. Essay formatting guidelines: double spaced, 12pt Times or Times New Roman font, with 1-inch margins, top right header on every page (in all capital letters): first and last name, BA PROGRAM, page number. Essay Prompt: Looking forward, describe your educational, career, and personal goals and how the completion of your bachelor’s degree at AUSB can help you accomplish those goals.
Optional: If you feel your GPA does not represent your academic ability briefly explain what specific factors contributed to your GPA, and how have those factors changed so that you can be successful in our undergraduate studies programs at AUSB today?
Women & Leadership Certificate
The 2018 Women & Leadership Certificate program will not be offered in 2018. We will provide updated information about a 2019 cohort in the future. Review the application timeline and requirements.
- Master’s degree programs at AUSB include our MFA, MBA, MA in Clinical Psychology, and Master’s degrees in Education. Admissions decisions for master’s degree programs are made on a rolling basis.
- The Early Action Deadline guarantees priority consideration for specific financial aid programs and scholarships, as well as the earliest decision notification. International applicants are encouraged to apply by the Early Action Deadline. How to ApplyReview the application requirements of your program
- Note: GRE scores are not required for admission
Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
PsyD in Clinical Psychology Admissions to AUSB’s PsyD degree is competitive. We accept applications on a rolling basis, throughout the year. We recommend that you apply at the beginning of the priority enrollment period in order to assure a spot in the quarter for which you are applying. Applicants are only evaluated based on their applications, not the applications of other candidates. The Admissions Committee endeavors to identify strong candidates for the program and to support them to become students.
Applications for the PsyD program must include the following, along with the application fee or fee waiver:
- Official transcripts indicating a bachelor’s degree and, if applicable, a master’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university
- Two letters of recommendation
- Sample of work (5 pages): academic work or research paper sample
- Admission essays. Please write 1-to 2-double spaced page responses for each question and clearly number your response for each question. Use the following format guidelines on all essays: 12-point type, double-spaced, 1″ margins, top right header: last name, essay number, page number.
Essay One: Write an autobiographical essay that reflects upon the life experiences that have shaped you as a person and influenced your choice to seek a doctorate in clinical psychology. Essay Two: A cornerstone of an Antiochian education is a commitment to social justice, therefore, please discuss volunteer, multicultural and/or service learning experiences that have contributed to your desire to become a clinical psychologist. Essay Three: If your undergraduate grade point average was below a 3.2, discuss the factors that contributed to your G.P.A. How, specifically, would you mitigate those factors to be successful in graduate level courses at Antioch University Santa Barbara? Note: GRE scores are not required for admission