Affiliate Faculty, Co-coordinator, Drama Therapy
, Creative Arts Therapy
, School of Applied Psychology, Counseling and Family Therapy
Bobbi Kidder, MA, RDT/BCT has served on the Executive Committee of the National Association for Drama Therapy and currently serves on the board of the Drama Therapy Fund. She previously taught at Rogue Community College and served as Executive Director of Southern Oregon Impact Theatre. She has been at AUS since 2011 and in that time has co-led a trip to India, developed “on the road” program for student field experiences, and, has worked with drama therapy students to develop several original “devised” scripts, most notably the Decades performance that was originally produced in 2015.
- BA University of Northern Colorado
- MA California State University Los Angeles
ImaginACTION: Activities that allow students to get up on their feet and moving! Fort Collins: Cottonwood Press, 1995. Second Edition 2002; Third Edition 2009 Big Window. New York: Writers’ Club, 2002.
- Kidder, B. Review. Sally Bailey’s Barrier Free Theatre for Arts and Psychotherapy. Fall, 2011
- Kidder, B. Review. Robert Landry’s The Couch and the Stage for Arts and Psychotherapy. Fall 2008.
- Kidder, B. “Healing Through Action” Focal Point, A National Bulletin on Family Support and Children’s Mental Health; spring 2002. (3-6)
- Kidder, B. “Healing Through Action” Dramascope, New York: Fall, 2002.
Full Length Plays
- Kidder, B. Of America I Sing: the Epiphany of Walt Whitman, 1987, produced via grants from Oregon Committee for the Humanities and The Carpenter Foundation. Archived in Impact Collection.
- Kidder, B. Private Interlude of Eleanor Roosevelt. 1995. In cooperation with American Association of University Women and Rogue Community College. Archived in Impact Collection.
- Kidder, B. Blinding Shadows, 2006. Collaboration between Impact Theatre and RCC. Archived in Impact Collection.
- What You Want. 1995. Archived in Impact Collection.
- Ask for More. 1998 Archived in Impact Collection.
- PSAs 1999-2002 Archived in Impact Collection
- 2011 – Received the David West 7th Generation Diversity Award
- 2008 – Governor’s Award for Community Service Organization – Drug Court Theatre
- 2001 – Asante` Foundation (Southern Oregon Healthcare system) Spears Award for Excellence in Education
- 2001 – Southern Oregon Adolescent Training and Treatment Center – Child Advocate Award
- 2000 – National Corrections Film and Video Festival- Award for Best PSA (Worked with Youth to produce the PSA through funding from Listen UP!)
- Registered Drama Therapist, North American Drama Therapy Association.
- Board Certified Trainer, North American Drama Therapy Association.