Play therapy in educational settings has substantial benefits.
Play therapy has been demonstrated to be one of the most effective therapies for children and families needing support and skills to process their life events in a safe, structured and healthy environment. Antioch University recognizes the increasing demand for play therapists in therapeutic and educational settings. Our program will provide you with the experience and skills you need for a successful career in this growing field.
This degree is offered by AU Seattle.
- One Adult Education class per week each quarter
- Classes are offered in the evenings to accommodate the schedules of working professionals
- Students may begin the concentration in any quarter
12 for the concentration, 48 for the MAEd degree
- Introduction to Play Therapy (3 quarter credits)
- Advanced Play Therapy (3 quarter credits)
- Seminar in Play Therapy I (3 quarter credits)
- Seminar in Play Therapy II (3 quarter credits)
- Our students become educators who are reflective, thoughtful, well-informed, analytic, scholarly, justice-oriented, and effective in the important work that they are doing.
- Our program will instill the confidence and skills to help educators become change agents in their own communities.
Antioch University’s program has been developed to meet the majority of academic requirements necessary to achieve a registered Play Therapist designation through the Association for Play Therapy upon completion of your respective Washington state License of LMFT or LMHC. It is recommended that students seek out additional experiences (e.g., play therapy conferences, Washington Association for Play Therapy (WAPT) meetings, etc.) for play therapy education in order to satisfy all requirements for the RPT designation.
Jazmine Casey, MA in Teaching
by Antioch University on August 23, 2022
Promoting Literacy Education as a Key for Social Justice
by Jasper Nighthawk on August 17, 2022
Five Questions With Retired Parole Officer Jeff Imboden
by Georgina Marie Guardado on July 27, 2022