Claim your education, shape your degree.
If it’s change you’re seeking, Antioch’s BA in Liberal Studies concentration allows you the maximum flexibility to shape your degree plan. Choose classes and non-classroom learning activities that relate to your individual interests and passions. Join a community of engaged adult learners, and acquire the academic and professional skills needed to meet your goals and to create social change.
This degree is offered by AU Los Angeles.
The Liberal Studies Concentration offers the broadest education across all domains of knowledge while also allowing students to pursue specific areas of interest. Students take courses in humanities, creative writing, fine art, psychology, business, queer studies, urban studies, and more. This breadth of study assists students in becoming independent lifelong learners with an ability to think critically and creatively about the social issues that influence their world. Students who do not select a specialized area of concentration are automatically declared Liberal Studies students. This degree path prepares students for careers and graduate study in a wide range of disciplines.
The Liberal Studies Concentration allows students considerable freedom in designing their educational program and encourages students to be active agents in defining the parameters of their concentration. There are no set core courses and students have maximum flexibility in shaping their degree plan in order to meet their individual goals.
- Hollywood and Public Policy: From Reagan to Trump
- Addiction and Family Dynamics
- Sex Positivity and Social Justice
- Foundation of Business Practice
- Toolkit for Community Organizers
- Cross-Cultural Child Development
- Transformative Forces: Case Studies in Social Entrepreneurship
- Watching Black on Network Television: From Amos & Andy to Oprah
- Madness in American History and Film
- Psychedelics Revisioned: The Cultural Politics of Human Consciousness
- Writing as Seeing: Understanding the Poetic Self
- Ecology and the Environment
- Feminist Art: A Revolution in Creative Practice
For detailed curriculum and degree requirements, please visit the AULA catalog.
In Memoriam: Reflections on Richard E. Whitney
by Antioch University on January 22, 2021 at 8:55 pm
Chancellor’s Statement on the First Actions of the Biden Administration
by William R. Groves, JD on January 21, 2021 at 6:40 am
GSLC Alumnus Leading the Way in AI Solutions Industry
by Antioch University on January 20, 2021 at 8:54 pm