AUSB Commencement 2023
AUSB traditionally holds commencement activities for all academic programs every year. Commencement and Graduation are separate events.
Antioch University Santa Barbara will celebrate Commencement on Friday, September 8, 2023.
If you have any additional questions about Commencement, please get in touch with your Program Coordinators:
Graduation is the official act of conferring a degree earned by a student when all degree requirements have been met. Commencement is a ceremonial event where graduates, along with students expected to graduate soon, are recognized and celebrated by peers, faculty, and guests.
Participation in commencement activities is optional. In order to walk in the Commencement Ceremony, students need to have recently graduated, be on track to graduate during the current academic year, and/or be granted special permission to walk early.
AUSB’s 2023 Commencement Ceremony
Friday, September 8, 2023, at 1:00 PM
1317 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA
Students who would like to be included in the Commencement Ceremony must register for the event by 8:59 PM (PDT) on Friday, July 21, 2023.
Tickets will be required for all guests. Each graduate will be granted a total of eight tickets for their guests.
- Tickets are free of charge and cannot be bought or sold.
- Graduates do not need tickets for themselves.
- Children under the age of 2 who will sit on a guardian’s lap during the ceremony do not require a ticket.
- Students will be able to claim their tickets starting on August 1.
- The pre-designated Program Coordinator will be in contact with the graduating student via email and provide instructions on how to claim guest tickets.
- Requests for additional tickets will be reviewed and determined based on the number of graduates participating in the ceremony.
Register to participate in the Commencement ceremony by completing the Online Student Participation Application (click here)
Place your regalia order at Jostens’s campus site AUSB’s Regalia Site (jostens.com/Antioch-University), and be sure to place your order by:
Purchased regalia will be delivered directly to the address you specify during the ordering process. If you wish to have your regalia early, please plan accordingly.
Through the online ordering site, you will have the opportunity to purchase optional commencement-related items, such as announcements, invitations, and class rings.
- Register for commencement ceremony: Deadline — Friday, July 21, 2023, by 8:59 PM (PDT)
- Fill out the Graduation Application required to graduate: Deadline — Friday, July 21, 2023, by 8:59 PM (PDT)
- Order regalia: Deadline — Masters & Doctorial-Thursday, August 03, 2023, & Bachelors Regalia-Thursday, August 17, 2023
- Attend your Commencement Ceremony! — Friday, September 08, 2023
Graduating students attend Commencement for many personal reasons. Some want to participate in the formal conclusion of their academic studies with fellow students and faculty. Others want to share the recognition and celebration of their academic achievement with family and friends. Many students look forward to wearing the regalia (cap and gown) that signify their degree. And a photograph of a graduate in their regalia can become a treasured memory or professional tool. Whatever the reason, Antioch graduates who attend the Commencement Ceremony recall the event as a meaningful and enjoyable culmination of their Antioch experience
No. All graduates will be given the opportunity to use the name of their choosing (within reason) to be read and shown during commencement. For the ceremony program, which will list all eligible graduates, registered names will be used.
Students wishing to change their official registered name with the university can do so by contacting the Registrar’s Office.
Regalia is required to participate in commencement. Regalia can be purchased at Jostens’s AUSB’s Regalia Site at https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1012570/Antioch-University/. Graduates are encouraged to order their regalia early.
Absolutely, please do!
Antioch currently does not have a mask or vaccine requirement for on-campus events. Therefore, participants and attendees at the commencement ceremony are not required to be masked. To safeguard one’s own health and that of others, face masks are highly recommended indoors but are not required. Please note that the indoor mask recommendation may change back to a requirement at any time. To stay informed, please pay attention to all signage and email notifications that may indicate changes to the current protocol.