Professional development for educators
Since 1985, the Antioch Center for School Renewal has been providing high-quality professional development for educators. As the service division of the Department of Education at Antioch University New England, our school coaches, drawn from highly skilled, experienced K-12 teacher-leaders, consultants, and core university faculty, are part of an educational institution that dates back to Horace Mann and embodies the values of progressive, student-centered education.
The mission of the Antioch Center for School Renewal is to work with schools and communities to make lasting, positive change in the day to day school experiences of students, educators and families through engaging instruction, reflection, collaboration, and research.
We believe that:
- students and teachers do well when they can
- relationships are the foundation of all learning, that knowing others and being known is the key to success.
- social-emotional learning must be embedded in authentic academic experiences
- there is no single path to successful change and that no two good schools look alike
- organizations develop organically and, like all living systems, grow best in healthy environments
- schools should be organized for the success of children rather than for the convenience of adults
- learning – for adults and for children – is a messy process and that messiness should be celebrated and embraced as a part of the growth process.
To fulfill our mission, the Center provides on- and off-site courses, workshops, and institutes, customized to meet the unique needs of teachers, schools, and communities. Our School Coaching and Communities of Professional Practice services create collaborative, job-embedded professional learning opportunities for teachers that not only adhere to the high standards of Learning Forward and the ESSA, but also represent best practices in adult learning and professional development.
Learn more about our Theory of Action
ACSR is proud to represent a tradition of “walking our talk” in our programs and services. Our facilitators are able to model pedagogical excellence teaching not only content, but also the process skills needed for instructional success. Our programs are interactive, hands-on, energizing, and unlike any in-service you have experienced before! Meet the faculty.
ACSR clients include the full spectrum of schools: public, independent, and k-12 from all across the geographical, socioeconomic, and philosophical continuum. We support schools and districts in need of improvement, schools in restructuring, and schools with very specific needs for change, such as:
- technology integration
- competency-based instruction & assessment
- instructional improvement
- school redesign/ restructuring
- schedule revision
- service learning
- place-based learning
- professional development master plan creation
- integration of 21st Century Skills
- building of professional learning communities
- content area coaching
- inquiry-driven science
- arts integration
- bullying and harassment response and prevention
- action planning
- implementing the Common Core
We have worked with thousands of educators from over five hundred schools throughout New England and around the world to support the development of classrooms and schools into strong, dynamic learning communities. Teachers and school administrators turn to the Center for help and guidance, support and resources, coaching and consultation, training and professional development to address their pressing issues and worthy aspirations.
Not ready to enroll in a degree program, but want to see what the Antioch University New England experience has to offer? Looking for additional graduate courses? Wondering just how we walk our talk?
You’re in the right place!
Many Education department courses are available for non-matriculated and continuing education students as well as those currently enrolled in degree programs. Click here to view the list of available workshops, institutes, and classes, access the registration form, and more!
All ACSR professional development seminars, institutes, workshops, coaching, and consultations meet both the rigorous standards of Learning Forward (formerly) the National Staff Development Council.
A Note on Cancellations:
In the event that a participant cancels his or her registration, the following penalties apply:
- One week (or less) before the first day of the event- 100% of registration fee is due.
- Three weeks (or less) before the first day of the Institute- 50% of registration fee will be refunded
- Four weeks (or more) before the first day of the Institute- 100% of registration fee will be refunded.
In the event that ACSR is forced to cancel an event for any reason, all registration fees will be refunded.
Confirmation and additional information will be sent via e-mail. You may need to add msme[email protected] to your address book in order to prevent these messages from being screened as spam.