Understanding conflict is a vital step towards promoting a more just, sustainable, and civilized world. Antioch University Midwest gives you the opportunity to learn and understand the dynamics of conflict as well as how to strategically approach particular circumstances. You will build upon your current academic knowledge and life experience to acquire the necessary conflict resolution training to manage and resolve conflict.
This certificate is offered by AU Midwest.
Conflict is ubiquitous. As human beings we engage in conflict situations at both the personal and professional levels with varying degrees of comfort and success. This certificate is designed to build the confidence and capacity of learners to understand, analyze, and intervene in multiple conflict situations. These skills will enhance and complement the knowledge and practice of individuals in any field but, in particular, human resources, business management, law enforcement or social services.
- 16-credit Program
- Flexible to meet the needs of busy adult learners
- Multiple delivery options
- Can be incorporated into BA Completion pathway
- Theory to practice builds novice conflict intervention skills
This certificate can be completed in as little as 28 weeks.
This is a 16-credit certificate.
- Interpersonal Conflict
- Intercultural Conflict
- Identity and Conflict Analysis
- Theoretical Approaches to Conflict
- Techniques, Skills, and Engagement in Conflict
- Conflict in the Workplace
For detailed curriculum, degree requirements, and course descriptions, please visit the AUM catalog.
Upon completion of the certificate, students will:
- Understand the theoretical underpinnings of conflict theory and its application to interpersonal and intercultural conflict.
- Analyze and assess conflict stages and manifestations in order to intervene effectively and ethically to reduce, manage, and resolve conflict.
- Identify and analyze cultural dimensions and power dynamics of conflict and conflict management.
- Develop novice skills in the engagement of conflict including mediation and negotiation.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of work in the applied field of conflict and careers within dispute resolution.
How to Apply
There are three easy steps to apply:
- Complete the Online Application Form.
- Write and submit an Admissions Essay (typed, one to two-page document in Word format) answering the following questions:
- Why is a Bachelor’s degree important to you?
- What will a Bachelor’s degree help you accomplish?
- What support do you need at Antioch to help you be successful?
- Why is Antioch University Midwest a good fit for your educational goals?
- Request transcripts from all colleges and universities you have previously attended. Official transcripts must be sent directly to Antioch University, in an unopened sealed envelope. We also accept e-transcripts! Send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit all materials to:
Antioch University Midwest
900 Dayton Street
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
All application materials submitted become part of an applicant’s file and cannot be returned.
|Semester||Application Deadlines||Classes Begin|
|Summer 2018 Session A||May, 7, 2018||May 14, 2018|
|Summer 2018 Session B||June 25, 2018||July 9, 2018|
|Fall 2018 Session A||August 27, 2018||September 4, 2018|
|Fall 2018 Session B||October 15, 2018||October 22, 2018|
|Spring 2019 Session A||January 7, 2019||January 22, 2019|
|Spring 2019 Session B||March 4, 2019||March 11, 2019|
|Summer 2019 Session A||May 6, 2019||May 13, 2019|
|Summer 2019 Session B||June 24, 2019||July 8, 2019|
Tuition and fees $7,200
Books and supplies: $590
On-Campus room and board: not offered
Financing for this program may be available through grants, scholarships, loans (federal and private) and institutional financing plans.
Please note: Additional fees for all AUM programs may include (but are not necessarily limited to) charges for materials, late registration, enrollment maintenance, parking, graduation, transcripts, tuition payment plan, late payments, late registration, and returned checks.