We are no longer accepting applications for this program for our 2018-19 academic year
Understanding conflict is a vital step towards promoting a more just, sustainable, and civilized world. Antioch University Midwest gives you the opportunity to learn and understand the dynamics of conflict as well as how to strategically approach particular circumstances. You will build upon your current academic knowledge and life experience to acquire the necessary conflict resolution training to manage and resolve conflict.
This certificate is offered by AU Midwest.
Conflict is ubiquitous. As human beings we engage in conflict situations at both the personal and professional levels with varying degrees of comfort and success. This certificate is designed to build the confidence and capacity of learners to understand, analyze, and intervene in multiple conflict situations. These skills will enhance and complement the knowledge and practice of individuals in any field but, in particular, human resources, business management, law enforcement or social services.
- 16-credit Program
- Flexible to meet the needs of busy adult learners
- Multiple delivery options
- Can be incorporated into BA Completion pathway
- Theory to practice builds novice conflict intervention skills
This certificate can be completed in as little as 28 weeks.
This is a 16-credit certificate.
- Interpersonal Conflict
- Intercultural Conflict
- Identity and Conflict Analysis
- Theoretical Approaches to Conflict
- Techniques, Skills, and Engagement in Conflict
- Conflict in the Workplace
For detailed curriculum, degree requirements, and course descriptions, please visit the AUM catalog.
Upon completion of the certificate, students will:
- Understand the theoretical underpinnings of conflict theory and its application to interpersonal and intercultural conflict.
- Analyze and assess conflict stages and manifestations in order to intervene effectively and ethically to reduce, manage, and resolve conflict.
- Identify and analyze cultural dimensions and power dynamics of conflict and conflict management.
- Develop novice skills in the engagement of conflict including mediation and negotiation.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of work in the applied field of conflict and careers within dispute resolution.
There are no upcoming events at this time.