This intensive 24-month MBA degree program features a concentration in healthcare and leadership. AUM’s goal is to educate a generation of leaders with a strong sense of social awareness and values, who embrace the need to give back to their communities. Our students learn to be strategic, values-based leaders who make a significant contribution to their companies, organizations, and communities by applying the latest management tools, models, and theory. As a graduate of our program, you’ll be prepared to navigate the dynamics of team, organization, community, and global levels.
This degree is offered by AU Midwest.
AUM’s MBA program offers students a schedule for completing your MBA while managing multiple life priorities. Our hybrid-delivery program is structured to balance rigorous study with busy professional and personal schedules. On site classes are scheduled one weekend per semester, with online assignments and group projects between meetings on our beautiful Yellow Springs campus.
The AUM MBA is a 36-credit hour program that concentrates on the development of strategic healthcare leadership competencies in a collaborative learning environment built upon the socially responsible values of the Antioch University MBA. Our coursework covers topics such as:
- Foundations in Management and Change Leadership
- Financial & Managerial Accounting
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Topics in Values & Ethics
- Organizational Behavior
- The Practice of Managing and Leading Change in Human Resources
- Communication, Action Inquiry, & Behavioral Development
- Systemic Impact of Multicultural Competencies in Healthcare Administration
- The Healthcare Sector as a Complex System
- Health Insurance and Reimbursement
A 6 credit hour Capstone (thesis or practicum) is designed to address an area of research of specific interest for each student. Each student with the assistance of their advisor selects a focus for their capstone and over the span of the four residencies, develops solutions to critical healthcare issues faced by organizations, non-profits, and communities by applying learned strategic leadership and management principles.
For detailed curriculum, degree requirements, and course descriptions, please visit the AUM catalog.
Sample Course Schedules:
Beyond the basics, our coursework prepares MBA students to take on leadership roles, offering solutions to challenges in corporate and non-profit healthcare management. The MBA with a concentration in Healthcare and Leadership has established learning outcomes that outline the goals of our program. As a graduate of our program you can expect to have competency in all of the following areas:
- Social Responsibility: Proficiency in synthesizing and applying foundational theory and practices in order to create a socially responsible company or non-profit organization.
- Financial Strategies: The skills to implement integrated strategies that will strengthen the financial sustainability of companies or non-profit organizations.
- Human Resource Development: Development of an organizational culture and the implementation of practices that support human well-being and the successful performance of the individual, team, unit, and organization.
- Systems Thinking: Use of analytic, strategic, and collaborative decision making and innovative problem solving in order to manage complex and changing organizational systems.
- Leading Change and Self-Development: Application of theories of change and leadership in order to guide businesses and organizations towards a socially responsible, successful, and sustainable bottom line. As a self-aware manager, he or she reflects upon areas for improvement and continues to evolve and develop the necessary interpersonal and intrapersonal skills to be an effective leader.
- Integrated Application: Synthesizing and applying knowledge, metrics, and skills to promote organizational success through the development of a comprehensive strategy and implementation plan.
- Global and Cultural Diversity: Awareness and appreciation of global and cultural diversity as part of an interconnected world and can apply an understanding of the social, political, economic, and cultural context in order to lead an inclusive and equitable global company or non-profit organization.
There are no upcoming events at this time.