The Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Technology and Business Leadership prepares students with practical business tools and a leadership perspective they can apply to their own particular professional area.
A bachelor’s degree in Applied Technology and Business Leadership enables you to:
- Gain the leadership skills necessary to move up in your profession.
- Leverage your technical expertise with practical business tools and a leadership perspective.
- Increase your earnings potential and future career options in high growth fields such as medical technology, computer science, web development, automotive, construction, paralegal and business management.
This degree is offered by AU Midwest.
The length of time it will take a student to complete a degree depends upon (1) the number of credits transferred into the program and (2) the number of credit hours taken each term. To estimate the length of time to complete the program, students may wish to subtract the number of credits they will transfer from the 120 credits required for graduation. The student should then divide the number of credits remaining to be completed by the number of credits s/he may take per semester. The result is a rough estimate of the number of semesters required to complete the program. Students are encouraged to move through the program at a comfortable rate taking into consideration personal and professional obligations as well as educational goals.
To earn a Bachelor’s degree at Antioch University Midwest, students will have a combination of transfer credits and required Antioch University Midwest credits totaling 120 credits.
Antioch Core Courses:
- Experience and Expression
- Modes and Methods of Learning
- Literary Analysis and Argumentation
- Culture, Conflict, and Social Research
- Foundations of Civilization
- Ecology, Technology, and Society
Major Core Coursework
Choose three courses:
- Financial Statements & Analysis
- Legal Issues Impacting Managers
- Ethical Issues in Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Marketing
- Applied Economics
- Business Writing and Editing
- Intercultural Conflict
- Justice and Equality
- Senior Project
- Applied Learning Course
For detailed curriculum, degree requirements, and course descriptions, please visit the AUM catalog.
- This degree does not focus on any one particular industry or job. The Applied Technology and Business Leadership is designed for students in any technical or career-related field who seeks to transfer and apply their technical credits toward a bachelor degree.
- Applied associate’s degrees may include: medical technology, computer science, web development, automotive, construction, paralegal, business management, social work, to mention a few.
- Use applied technology skills in a professional context while thinking critically about obstacles and their solutions from a leadership perspective
- Apply functional business tools, always keeping in mind the social responsibilities of business practices
- Use leadership and interpersonal skills to promote business ethics, values, and integrity related to professional activities and personal relationships
Please check back for Application info
Currently enrolling at Antioch University Online:
BS in Applied Technology and Business Leadership
Antioch University Midwest was recognized by U.S. News and World Report as the number one school based on the percentage of students, age 25 or older, enrolled in undergraduate programs in the 2014-2015 academic year.
The recent announcement on the U.S. News website states: “Not all students set out for college immediately after high school graduation. Some enlist in the military, spend time in the workforce or take time off to travel the world. For those who choose to go to college later in life, having classmates who reflect their age, interests and experiences can help ease the transition from the ‘real world’ to the world of an undergraduate student.”
There are no upcoming events at this time.