Our Sustainable Business Certificate is a credited certificate for people interested in integrating sustainability practices into their businesses and nonprofits. It introduces the concepts of sustainability in a systems approach for students who want to learn how to apply sustainability to finance, human resources, and organizational development. Guide your business towards sustainable practices to foster a cleaner and healthier future for generations to come.
The certificate is ideal for people who have been asked to lead a sustainability initiative, integrate sustainability into a business, or be accountable for sustainability initiatives. For individuals new to sustainability, it’s the perfect program through which to obtain a solid understanding of triple-bottom-line thinking and sustainable operations. This program is also well-suited to small- to mid-size business entrepreneurs who want to integrate best practices for sustainability into their strategic planning and operations.
The program is designed to be completed in 2-3 semesters.
Students complete three required courses and one elective from the MBA in Sustainability curriculum. The courses are offered during the MBA in Sustainability’s weekend program (four weekends per semester).
- Principles of Sustainable Systems
- Financial Management Fundamentals
- Teamwork & Diversity OR Developing People & Performance
Options for Electives:
- Earth Systems & Climate Change
- Ecological Economics, Public Policy & Social Change
- Sustainable Finance for Positive Impact
- Operations & Value Chain Management
- Leadership, Ethics & Change
Students who complete this certificate work in a variety of fields including environmental consulting, human services, education, and nonprofit development.
The Certificate in Sustainable Business has established learning outcomes that outline the goals of our program. When you earn your certificate, you can expect to have competency in all of the following areas:
- Evaluate, synthesize and apply the foundational concepts of the evolving sustainability paradigm.
- Implement integrated strategies to strengthen the financial sustainability of organizations.
- In collaboration with others, develop an organizational culture and implement practices that support both human well-being and successful performance at individual, team, unit, and organizational levels.
- Advocate for wise use of earth resources and develop organizational strategies that balance the needs of ecological, economic, and social systems on a local and global scale.
- Develop and master analytical, strategic, and collaborative decision-making skills in order to successfully communicate sustainability within multiple systems.
- Develop interpersonal and intrapersonal skills to become a more effective, resilient, self-aware leader.
- Apply change theory and leadership theory in guiding organizations towards a sustainable multiple bottom line.
- Synthesize and apply knowledge, metrics, and skills to promote sustainability systems.
How to Apply
- Complete the online admissions application, including:
- Essay questions, admissions and program-specific
- Resume/curriculum vitae (CV)
- Non-refundable $50 application fee
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities where you earned a degree or certificate.
- Two letters of recommendation are required, from people who are in a position to evaluate your professional or academic work. The person making the recommendation may not be related to you.
- There are additional requirements for International applicants and applicants without a Bachelor’s degree
- Interview with a faculty member of the department to which you seek entry if selected. This can be in person, by phone, or via Skype.
- Master’s and Certificate Programs do not require the GRE or any other standardized test for admissions. We consider all of your application materials, and evaluate your academic potential in a variety of ways.
Official transcripts should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Office of Admissions
Antioch University New England
40 Avon Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03431-3516
All application materials submitted become part of an applicant’s file and cannot be returned.
April 1 (Early Application Review); July 1 (All Others)
A college education is an investment in your future. Let us help you understand the costs and explore the resources available to help make your college education even more affordable. The majority of AUNE students finance their education through some form of financial aid. You may not be sure which federal, state, public and private aid packages – such as loans, scholarships, and grants—are right for you. Our staff is here to help you, so you can focus on what’s most important: beginning your academic program at AUNE.