Frequently Asked Questions About Online Learning
How do my online classes work? What can I expect?
Please read our helpful guide about how online learning works at AU Online. We answer questions about a typical schedule, our online platform, coursework and projects, student-faculty interaction, and more.
Is my Antioch University Online degree different from campus-based Antioch University degrees?
No. Antioch University degrees are the same online or on-campus. Antioch University is a non-profit, private institution fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
How much does it cost to attend AU Online?
Tuition amounts vary by program and credits needed to meet graduation requirements vary by individual. Contact us today so we can evaluate your transcripts before you apply and tell you exactly what it will take to graduate.
A minimum of 120 semester credits are required to complete a bachelor’s degree; students typically begin their AU Online bachelor’s program with 45 to 75 credits, depending on your prior learning situation. Learn more about transfer credits.
Tuition per credit hour:
- Bachelor’s degree programs: $350 per semester credit hour
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling: $625 per semester credit hour
- Master of Human Services Administration: $650 per semester credit hour
- A $75 student services fee applies per semester
Undergraduate students who take a full-time academic load can complete 36 semester credits per year. Thus, if a student transfers in 60 credits, that student can complete his/her degree in 5 semesters, or about 20 months.
Find information specific to your program on our Tuition & Fees page, and learn more about the types of financial aid available, from grants and scholarships, to federal work study, to the yellow ribbon program for United States veterans.
How long will it take to finish my program? How much time is required every week?
Each AU Online program is different. Please review your program’s degree requirements. Information that may vary by program includes:
- Total units required to complete your degree
- Transfer units accepted in the case of undergraduate degrees
- Course sequence
- Approximate number of hours per week of coursework
- Required practicum/internship components and hours per week or term
Do I have the right computer or software?
Read our helpful technology requirements checklist to find information about what hardware and software are needed to succeed in AU Online. Many students are already familiar with the technology needed, such as a computer, web browser, and word processing application.
How do I apply, and when should I apply?
Apply online, right here, anytime! Deadlines vary by program.
- Undergraduate admission offers multiple entry points per year in the spring (January and March), summer (May and July), and fall (August and October) for maximum flexibility.
- Graduate programs vary and some have once-per-year admission dates. Please check your program’s specific application timeline.
What are your bachelor’s degree admission requirements?
Our Bachelor’s programs are designed to help you transfer in and complete your degree in an affordable way, as quickly as possible. AU Online accepts a minimum of 24 and a maximum of 75 semester credits transferred to count toward earning your bachelor’s degree. Learn about transfer credit made easy and let us evaluate your transcripts before you apply. We’ll also evaluate your life-work experience and professional or trade certifications to count toward your transfer credits. Review our resource guide for [prospective students] to learn about transfer credits, life-work experience credit, academic advising, and student services.
What are your graduate admission requirements? Do I need to take the GRE?
GRE or GMAT scores are not required for admission to AU Online. Other admission requirements vary by graduate program, so please review your program’s specific requirements.