AUS has a long tradition of attracting and inspiring educators who think outside the box. Our Individualized concentration allows you to meet your own personal goals by creating a unique program from courses throughout the department and University. Explore areas that you’re curious and passionate about in order to custom-tailor an educational experience that is personally catered to what you need to excel personally and professionally. Develop the custom education master’s degree that will increase your career options in teaching, higher education staff roles, higher education administration, professional development, education consulting, and other school roles.
This degree is offered by AU Seattle.
With the Individualized concentration, you’ll work with your faculty advisor to create a program that matches your professional goals and interests. You can design your degree with these core areas of study in mind:
- Leadership and change
- Diversity and equity
- Curriculum studies and reflective practice, or
- Inquiry and research
You can further customize your degree by including a specialty through combining courses, independent studies, and collaborative projects. In addition you can enhance your specialty by taking, graduate-level courses from our other programs (such as Psychology, Organizational Development, or Environment and Community). If you wish to enhance your degree further, consider an endorsement in areas such as Environment and Sustainability, or Library Media.
We work with you to develop the custom education master’s degree that will increase your career options in teaching and other school roles, options in higher education staff roles, higher education administration, professional development, education consulting, and more.
How to Apply
- Complete the online admissions application.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required. Submit official transcripts from ALL colleges/universities you have attended to the Admissions Office. Transcript evaluations are required for all coursework completed outside of the U.S. or Canada (except Quebec). See Transcript Evaluation section on International Students webpage for details.
- Essay – Submit a one-two page essay describing why you are interested in the MA in Education program and how you expect it to assist you with your future goals.
- Résumé/Curriculum Vitae (CV). Documentation of relevant professional and volunteer experience, professional affiliations, publications and licensure.
- International Students have additional admission requirements. See International Students page for details.
- Applicants will be invited to participate in an interview with program faculty.
All admission application supporting materials, transcripts, recommendations, essays, etcetera, should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Antioch University Seattle
2400 3rd Avenue, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98121
|Spring 2020||March 1, 2020||April 6, 2020|
|Summer 2020||June 7, 2020||July 1, 2020|
|Fall 2020||July 25, 2020||September 30, 2020|
|*Complete applications received after the Deadline date may be considered if space is still available in that quarter or will be reviewed for the next available term.|
2019-20 Tuition, MA in Education
|Item||Cost or Units|
|Cost per Credit||$673|
|Full-Time Credits per Quarter||8|
|Full-Time Tuition per Quarter*||$5,529*|
|Total Program Credits||48|
|*Quarterly Student Service and Technology fees are not included in the calculation. See below for more information on each fee.
**Tuition for MAEd in Urban Environmental Education is $530 per credit hour. This information is provided as an estimate of total tuition for each program based on the total number of required credits to complete the degree, and does not include the required Student Services and Technology fees.
Please note: Additional fees for all AUS programs may include (but are not necessarily limited to) charges for materials, late registration, enrollment maintenance, parking, graduation, transcripts, tuition payment plan, late payments, late registration, and returned checks.
A majority of AUS students finance their education through some form of financial aid. You may not be sure which federal, state, public and private aid packages – such as loans, scholarships, and grants—are right for you. Our staff is here to help you, so you can focus on what’s most important: beginning your academic program at AUS.
There are no upcoming events at this time.