To the Antioch Seattle Community:
Our commencement ceremony is traditionally an event at which graduates can witness the appreciation we have for their work. Faculty, staff, fellow students, the Chancellor, the Board of Governors, and friends and family gather to show our appreciation and offer encouragement. As you know, our commencement ceremony has been canceled this year due to the global pandemic, and so our appreciation will have to take a different form.
- In lieu of a ceremony this year, individual programs are sponsoring ceremonies or gatherings online. If you have not yet been contacted by your program chair about program recognition, please contact them directly. In deciding against a university “virtual” ceremony, we listened to the majority of students who said in a survey that this was not their preference.
- We are currently working on a message for the class of 2020. We will soon be in touch!
- All 2020 graduates are invited to participate in the 2021 ceremony! Of course, public health considerations are crucial, but we are hopeful that large gatherings will be permitted again in the summer of 2021. We will not know until the time comes, so we will stay in touch via email and the website. And if we are permitted to gather, get ready for the best commencement in AUS history.
Ben Pryor, PhD
Antioch University Seattle
Graduation (conferral of degrees) and Commencement are separate events. Commencement is a day of celebration typically held once per year in June. Students should submit a Graduation Application the quarter before they wish to graduate and no later than the first month of their final quarter. This application will be reviewed by the student’s Faculty Advisor and the Registrar’s Office who will then initiate the process for your program completion.
The Graduation Application is available online in AUView. For more details, please visit our GRADUATION INFORMATION PAGE.
- BA Program Associate, YSerdia Cornish
- CFT/CMHC/Art/Drama Therapy Program Associate, Travis Adams
- Education Program Associate, Marion Honeycutt
- PsyD Program Associate, Saori Den
For any and all general Commencement related questions, please email: email@example.com