The Women in Leadership Certificate Program is a virtual program coordinated by Antioch University Online. It targets women in mid-level management/leadership roles seeking an opportunity to self-assess and be provided feedback on their leadership abilities, deepen their skills and self-confidence, build strong networks of support, and plan a career path for the future in the context of social change.
This certificate program is offered by Antioch University Online.
Design & Approach
The certificate is designed for women in mid-level management/leadership roles seeking an opportunity to self-assess and be provided feedback on their leadership abilities, deepen their skills and self-confidence, build strong networks of support, and plan a career path for the future in the context of social change.
Earlier in your career?
In partnership with selected community colleges, Antioch University provides a multi-tiered Women in Leadership program. Partner colleges provide Level One programs and Antioch University offers Level Two and higher programs. Level One programs are designed for women early in their careers who are pursuing skills to enable them to seek leadership roles in the workplace.
While participants from this Level One program can matriculate into Level Two, it is not a prerequisite; Level Two is a stand-alone program that can be attended by women who have not participated in a community college program.
How You Will Benefit from this Certificate
Understand negotiation strategies
Skills to develop voice/capacity and the strength and self-motivation to overcome barriers and thrive
Activate networks of peer support (Networking Pods)
Skills to navigate hyper-competitive women, tone policing, mansplaining
Explore communication strategies
Understand your directing and communicating styles
One-On-One Coaching (1 hour)
Book Club (1.5 hours)
Book Club Date:
September 9, 2021 Time: 5:00pm – 6:30pm (PT)
August 21 & 28
Honing Leadership Skills and Strategies
One-On-One Coaching (1/2 hour)
Book Club (1.5 hours)
Book Club Date:
October 13, 2021 Time: 4:30pm – 6:00pm (PT)
September 11 & 25
Next Steps to Leading Change
October 16 & 23
- Deepen your understanding of the Social Justice Framework: DEI and Intersectionality Lens
- Explore the gender gap in leadership and its relevance to your career, your teams, your organization(s) and communities, and implications for the issues you care about most.
- Deepen your understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities faced by diverse women in leadership and personalizing this with your own life.
- Explore personal leadership identities, styles and practices
- Explore a strengths-based approach to leadership and develop strategies for implementation in leadership roles.
- Demonstrate collaborative learning by leveraging stories and experiences of other women leaders and by contributing your own perspectives, questions, feedback and support to this program community.
- Begin to integrate your learning and reflections on gender and leadership into your personal leadership point of view, your “action plan,” and your leadership actions.
- Design and present an “action plan.”
Gain awareness and skills to effectively address leadership challenges and opportunities commonly encountered by women within diverse workplace settings through both applied and experiential learning:
- Develop Inclusive relational leadership practice: DEI & Intersectionality Lens
- Explore and develop your leadership strengths
- Explore self-development and leadership skill-building
- Develop new strategies to maximize your leadership potential
- Explore barriers women encounter in the workplace
- Develop an “Action Plan” for your leadership
Cost of Attendance
Advance registration deposit: $75
The cost of the certificate can be broken into 5 payments – click through to register for payment details
Once you have registered, you will be asked to write (approximately 200 words) why you want to participate in the WIL program and what you are hoping to gain from this experience.
Cancellations received in writing 7 days before the date of the event are entitled to a full refund. Cancellations received between six and three days before an event are entitled to a 50% refund. Cancellations 2 or less days before an event will not be eligible for a refund.
Deadline July 15, 2021
A limited number of scholarships to offset part of the tuition costs are available. To apply, submit an essay (250-300 words) addressing the following:
Describe how you will apply the skills and knowledge you acquire from participation in the program in your current or future career.
Please submit your essay to [email protected]
If you have received a scholarship and have questions about the amount, please reach out to Jackie at: [email protected]
Employer-sponsored Professional Development
Many Women & Leadership Certificate alumni have successfully negotiated professional development sponsorship from their employers to pay for full or partial tuition. We are happy to help support and guide you in requesting employer sponsorship, should you be interested.