Design a degree that aligns with your passion and vision for the future.
At Antioch, we understand that different life experiences and professional accomplishments are what makes us unique. A self-designed concentration allows you to develop an individually-tailored curriculum that fits your particular interests and goals. We help you find just the right combination of course offerings and learning opportunities, designed specifically for adult learners, and then work with you to develop a specific degree concentration that achieves the learning necessary to accomplish your goals. Don’t waste your time pursuing a degree that doesn’t align with your passion and vision for your future.
This degree is offered by AU Seattle.
Design a program as individual as you are. If you elect the individualized concentration option, your faculty advisor will help you find two mentors from the community to form a degree committee. You will convene this advisory committee at least three times over the course of your degree program to help you refine your goals, select the best complement of coursework and outside learning activities, and eventually affirm accomplishment of degree requirements and celebrate your learning. Whether you are looking to start your career, advance it, or change professions, your faculty advisor and degree committee members will bring a practical perspective to your goals in building an individualized curriculum. Through their mentorship, you will identify and pursue opportunities that will allow you to make a difference in your community and your workplace.
Recent concentrations students have created
- Psychology and community health
- Labor relations for organizational and societal change
- Nonprofit leadership
- International business leadership
- Environmental sociology
- Culture and health
- Arts for social change
Admissions / Cost / Aid
How to Apply:
Antioch University Seattle offers a Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Studies through a degree completion program. All applicants to the BA program must have completed at least 36 quarter or 24 semester units to be eligible for admission. A combined minimum of one full-time year of college credit is required; however, AUS will transfer up to the equivalent of three full-time years (80 semester units/135 quarter units if at least 15 credits are upper division).
- Complete the online admissions application.
- Submit official transcripts from ALL colleges/universities you have attended to the Admissions Office. Transcript evaluations are required for all coursework completed outside of the U.S. or Canada (except Quebec). See Transcript Evaluation section on International Students webpage for details.
- Submit a short essay (two-three pages; approximately 500 words) that addresses why you would like to finish your bachelor’s degree at Antioch University Seattle.
- International Students have additional admission requirements. See International Students page for details.
|Quarter||Application Deadline*||Classes begin|
|Summer 2021||June 15, 2021||July 6, 2021|
|Fall 2021||September 15, 2021||October 4, 2021|
|Winter 2022||December 15, 2021||January 3, 2022|
|Spring 2022||March 15, 2022||April 4, 2022|
|Summer 2022||June 15, 2022||July 5, 2022|
|Fall 2022||September 15, 2022||October 3, 2022|
|*Complete applications received after the Deadline date may be considered if space is still available in that quarter or will be reviewed for the next available term.|
Applicants coming to AUS fulfill the minimum transfer requirement with:
- College courses taken at a U.S. college or university (with a final grade of ‘C’ or better, or pass if taken as pass/no pass)
- College Board Advanced Placement exams (a score of 3 or higher)
- CLEP credit (a score of 50)
- International coursework (university, college, upper-secondary/gymnasium) that is assessed to be equivalent to college credit earned at a regionally accredited U.S. college/university (with a final grade of ‘C’ or better, or pass if taken as pass/no pass) by an external transcript evaluation agency.
Antioch University Seattle
2400 Third Avenue, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98121
|Per quarter unit||$550|
Full-time students typically enroll in 12 credits per quarter. Our students typically earn 10-25 credits for life experience/prior learning, up to a maximum of 45 and transfer in between 45-120 credits. It takes 180 credits total to graduate.
Please note: Additional fees for all AUS programs may include (but are not necessarily limited to) charges for materials, late registration, enrollment maintenance, parking, graduation, transcripts, tuition payment plan, late payments, late registration, and returned checks.
A majority of AUS students finance their education through some form of financial aid. You may not be sure which federal, state, public and private aid packages – such as loans, scholarships, and grants—are right for you. Our staff is here to help you, so you can focus on what’s most important: beginning your academic program at AUS.