Through the exploration and implementation of innovative pedagogical practices, the Integrated STEAM Education Concentration in the MEd for Experienced Educators will help you create classrooms in which science, technology, engineering, arts, and math are integrated into an engaging, coherent whole. While in the program, you’ll build on your pedagogical beliefs and explore the ways that you can better align what you believe with what you do, creating new approaches and sharing them with your peers. Focus on the ways in which STEAM is more than just five letters or a set of discrete disciplines and discover a new perspective on teaching and learning!
This degree is offered by AU New England.
Whether you work in a preschool, a graduate school or anything in between, this program is for educators interested in deepening their own practice and exploring and applying mindfulness-based approaches in their teaching or work context.
The STEAM Concentration trains educators in the core practices of inquiry-driven, experiential pedagogy, and authentic assessment as tools for instruction and curriculum design. Relevant and engaging coursework takes into account the lives of working educators. The experiential, practical approach helps participants remain committed to their current job and personal responsibilities. The program combines online pedagogy with interactive teaching methodology which models the STEAM methodology we hope to see you implement in your own classroom practice. It includes small class sizes, individual attention from faculty, and real-time connection via telephone, online conferencing, and webinars.
- 5 semesters
- 33 credits – fully on-line and low residency options available
- One-two courses per term
- Principles of STEAM
- Critical Skills Classroom Immersion (face-to-face in Keene during the summer) or Teaching in the Critical Skills Classroom (online)
- Tech Tools for All Learners
- Building Inclusive Learning Communities
- Instructional Design
- #CS4All: Computer Science for the Non-Computer Scientist
- 3 units electives
Experienced Educator Core Courses:
- Practicum: Child Study
- Practicum: Curriculum
- Practicum: Equity & Change
- Philosophy of Education
- Developing Mind
Admissions / Cost / Aid
This new concentration will start in Fall 2018. Contact Ellen Keech, Assistant Director of Admissions, at email@example.com or by phone at 603-283-2132
- MEd for Experienced Educators, Educating for Sustainability
- MEd for Experienced Educators, Educational Technology Integrator
- MEd for Experienced Educators, Library Media Specialist
- MEd for Experienced Educators, Mindfulness for Educators
- MEd for Experienced Educators, Principal Certification
- MEd for Experienced Educators, Problem-Based Learning Using Critical Skills
- MEd for Experienced Educators, Self-Designed Concentration