At Antioch, we understand that different life experiences and professional accomplishments are what makes us unique. A self-designed concentration allows you to develop an individually tailored curriculum that fits your particular interests and goals. We help you find just the right combination of course offerings and learning opportunities, designed specifically for adult learners, and then work with you to develop a specific degree concentration that achieves the learning necessary to accomplish your goals. Don’t waste your time pursuing a degree that doesn’t align with your passion and vision for your future.
This degree is offered by AU Seattle.
Design a program as individual as you are. If you elect the individualized concentration option, your faculty advisor will help you find two mentors from the community to form a degree committee. You will convene this advisory committee at least three times over the course of your degree program to help you refine your goals, select the best complement of coursework and outside learning activities, and eventually affirm accomplishment of degree requirements and celebrate your learning. Whether you are looking to start your career, advance it, or change professions, your faculty advisor and degree committee members will bring practical perspective to your goals in building an individualized curriculum. Through their mentorship, you will identify and pursue opportunities that will allow you to make a difference in your community and your workplace.
Recent concentrations students have created
- Psychology and community health
- Labor relations for organizational and societal change
- Nonprofit leadership
- International business leadership
- Environmental sociology
- Culture and health
- Arts for social change
- BA in Liberal Studies with Arts and Literature
- BA in Liberal Studies with Communication and Media
- BA in Liberal Studies with Global and Social Justice Studies
- BA in Liberal Studies with Leadership & Sustainable Business
- BA in Liberal Studies with Psychology and Counseling
- BA in Liberal Studies with Spiritual Studies
- BA in Liberal Studies with Urban Ecology