Note: dates subject to change for compliance with University policy
|Winter Quarter 2018: 1/2/2018 - 3/17/2018|
|Noon, Nov. 7||Priority Registration Begins|
|9 a.m., Nov. 13||Open Registration Begins|
|9:01 p.m., Dec. 17||Late Registration|
|5 p.m., Dec. 22||Last Day to Register for Winter 2018|
|Jan. 2||First Day of Winter Classes|
|Noon, Feb. 6||Spring Registration Begins|
|Mar. 17||Academic Progress Review|
|Mar. 17||Last day of Winter classes|
|Mar. 24||Evaluator Assessments Due|
|Mar. 31||Winter Quarter Ends|
|Jan. 15||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day|
|Feb. 19||President's Day|
|Spring Quarter 2018: 4/2/2018-6/6/2018|
|Noon, Feb. 6||Priority Registration Begins|
|9 a.m., Feb. 12||Open Registration Begins|
|9:01 p.m., Mar. 18||Late Registration|
|5 p.m., Mar. 23||Last Day to Register for Spring 2018|
|Apr. 2||First Day of Spring Classes|
|Noon, May 8||Summer Registration Begins|
|June 16||Academic Progress Review|
|June 16||Last day of Spring classes|
|June 23||Evaluator Assessments Due|
|June 30||Spring Quarter Ends|
|May 28||Memorial Day|
The University may elect in its sole discretion to revise the academic calendar and the tuition refund policy during the current catalog year. Any change will be published with 30 calendar days’ notice prior to the effective date. Students are encouraged to review the online catalog periodically for future amendments.
For add/drop and tuition refund deadlines: Based on AU policy, deadlines for adding and dropping courses and for tuition refunds (other than for full withdrawal from the term) will vary based on the actual instructional period of each course. General guidelines are as follows:
- ADD: 0 – 20% of instructional period
- DROP (no transcript notation, 100% tuition refund): 0‐20% of instructional period
- WITHDRAW (transcript notation of W, 0 tuition refund, counts as attempted credit in calculation of SAP): 21% ‐ 60% of instructional period.
- WITHDRAW‐NO CREDIT (transcript notation of WNC, 0 tuition refund, counts as attempted credit in calculation of SAP): 61% ‐ end of instructional period.
- DEADLINE TO COMPLETE PRIOR TERM INCOMPLETES: 2 weeks prior to end of subsequent term
- For 10 week classes, the Add/Drop deadline is typically Monday of week 3 of the term.
- Non-standard meeting schedules are subject to different dates.
- Actual dates by section appear in section detail in AUView.
Note: Students are expected to register for ALL courses for a given term during the registration period, regardless of the start date.