Welcoming Antioch University Employees
Employee orientation of administrators, faculty, adjuncts and staff gives new employees information they need to quickly become productive members of Antioch University. An employee’s first impressions of the university and its operations can have a lasting effect on the employee’s attitude and loyalty; therefore, an effective orientation program plays a major role in promoting high employee performance and improving retention.
New Employee Orientation is designed to:
- Make new employees feel welcome and part of their department and AU
- Provide specific information about the employee’s position
- Inform employees about AU policies and benefits
- Provide an overall view of university operations
- Instill an interest in AU’s long-term success
- Encourage new employees to ask questions about the university, their department, and their position
- Introduce new employees to their work environment and to acquaint them with both the opportunities and the responsibilities of employment
Each campus Human Resource Directors and Hiring Managers are responsible for specific portions of the new employee orientation.