Dyslexia is the most common learning disability, affecting one in five American children. Utilize cutting-edge research in the field of dyslexia education and harness this new knowledge to empower all students in the classroom. Learn the structure of language and foundational concepts of oral and written learning to help children with dyslexia grasp a better understanding of information across a multitude of disciplines. Stand out and make a strong academic impact on the lives of those with dyslexia.
This certificate is offered by AU New England
A Dyslexia Certificate from Antioch University will help you stand out and make an impact. Our program is built upon the latest research and has met the International Dyslexia Association’s Knowledge and Practice Standards for Teachers of Reading.
Antioch’s online, 18-credit program is offered as a stand-alone certificate. As one of the 25 dyslexia programs in the U.S. accredited by the International Dyslexia Association, the certificate is tailored for current teachers, students working toward a teaching degree, as well as parents and advocates for children with dyslexia.
This program is offered online and is designed for:
- Teachers and administrators seeking to understand and effectively teach students with dyslexia
- Special Education professionals seeking to meet the needs of their students with dyslexia
- Family members of children and adults with dyslexia
- Advocates for children and adults with dyslexia
The program is offered throughout the year, with entry twice a year. Coursework is offered online to meet the needs of K-12 classroom educators. Educators receive the highest quality of instruction from faculty with a rich background of work in K-12 reading environments, many of whom are current practitioners in the field.
To earn the Certificate in Dyslexia Studies, students must successfully complete a total of 18 credits as outlined in the catalog.
Take a look at the catalog for a full list of requirements and courses.
Upon completion of this certificate and depending on state requirements, students can perform work as a:
- Reading Specialist
- Educational Therapist
- Classroom Teacher
Admissions / Cost / Aid
Education Programs at Antioch University New England value colleagueship and strong learning communities. We offer a 10% discount for 3 or more students from the same school or school district who attend any of our AUNE Education MEd or Certificate programs at the same time. Specific limitations and conditions apply. You can find more information here.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application Form.
- Write and submit an Admissions Essay in a 1 – 2-page Word document answering each of the following questions in meaningful detail:
- Why did you choose Antioch?
- Why did you choose the program you are applying to?
- What are your future plans and how do you connect this program to you plans?
- There are additional requirements for International applicants and applicants without a Bachelor’s degree
- Request transcripts from all colleges and universities you have previously attended. Official transcripts must be sent directly to Antioch University New England, in an unopened sealed envelope. We also accept e-transcripts at [email protected]. Please Note: You may submit unofficial transcripts for initial review of your application, but your application will not be considered complete until official transcripts are received.
Please submit all materials to:
Antioch University New England
40 Avon Street
Keene, NH 03431
All application materials submitted become part of an applicant’s file and cannot be returned.
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum 2.75 GPA.
- Interview with a faculty member of the department to which you seek entry if selected. This can be in person, by phone, or via Skype.
- Master’s and Certificate Programs do not require the GRE or any other standardized test for admissions. We consider all of your application materials, and evaluate your academic potential in a variety of ways.
Tuition & Financial Aid
A college education is an investment in your future. Let us help you understand the costs and explore the resources available to help make your college education even more affordable. The majority of AUNE students finance their education through some form of financial aid. You may not be sure which federal, state, public, and private aid packages – such as loans, scholarships, and grants – are right for you. Our staff is here to help you, so you can focus on what’s most important: beginning your academic program at AUNE.
|Foundations of Education (Experienced Educators) Certificates||Tuition Cost per Credit||Total Program Credits|
|Problem Based Learning / Critical Skills Certificate||$784||15|
|Educating for Sustainability Certificate||$784||12|
|Place-based Education Certificate||$784||12|
|Nature-Based Early Childhood Education Certificate||$784||12|
|Mindfulness for Educators Graduate Certificate||$784||9|
|Integrated STEAM Education Certificate||$784||15|
|Certificate in Dyslexia Studies||$784||18|
|Certificate in Reggio Emilia Approach||$784||18|
|Certificate in Trauma Informed Education||$784||18|
Antioch’s SLIDE Team Researching School Libraries Publishes Findings
by Mair Allen on April 10, 2023
Antioch Spotlight: MEd Alum Danny Cords
by Jasper Nighthawk on March 6, 2023
The Transformative Power of Youth Arts Programs
by Laurel Butler on March 2, 2023