Enlighten. Inspire. Effectively educate.
Waldorf schools are inherently self administered with decisions made on site by faculty, staff and trustees. This allows for a truly fluid educational experience; child-centered and responsive to the changing needs of the student. Our Waldorf certifications will train you in theory and methodology while simultaneously incorporating hands-on opportunities and experiential learning. This approach enhances your ability to make an immediate impact on the educational experience of your students. Become a part of this revolutionary shift in how educators are teaching, inspiring, and encouraging the next generation of learners.
This degree is offered by AU New England.
This advanced track master’s program with a transdisciplinary focus on healing education is designed for those practitioners who wish to:<
- Further transform and evolve their practice through applied spiritual scientific inquiry
- Develop methodological approaches to work in a disciplined and focused way with questions arising from their practice
- Conduct research in a specialized focus area of their choice
- Enhance their capacity for collaborative inquiry and work in transdisciplinary contexts
- Innovate and plant seeds for future development within their field of practice
The overall aim is to move beyond mastery of one’s established professional practice, through active engagement in contemplative and collaborative action research, based on a deepened understanding of the human being and the development of tools and capacities for applied spiritual scientific research.
Participants in this MEd program will work together with AUNE and Camphill faculty during three summer residencies in Wilton, New Hampshire. Practicum and online action research projects will be undertaken in the intervening year, and a master’s project/thesis will be completed in the final fall semester. Each student will be assigned an advisor on the basis of a chosen focus area of research and professional background.
This advanced level Waldorf MEd program with a transdisciplinary focus on healing education is offered by the Waldorf Program of Antioch University New England in collaboration with the Camphill Academy. It is open to applicants with 5 years of professional experience with a practice-based on anthroposophical foundations OR will have completed stage 2 of a program of the Camphill Academy.
To earn this degree, students must successfully complete a minimum of 32 credits distributed as follows:
Theoretical & Philosophical Foundations of Education
- Evolving Consciousness
- Education for Social Renewal
- Foundations 2
- Trauma and Grief Informed teaching
Curriculum & Instruction
- The Writer’s Voice
- Eurythmy 3
- Transdisciplinary Learning
- Human Development 2
- Healing Image in Story and Color
- Therapeutic Music
Education & Social Policy
- Renewal Institutes 1 and 2
- Contemplative Inquiry 1
- Research 2
- Leadership and Development
For course descriptions, please see the current course catalog.
Admissions / Cost / Aid
How to Apply
- Complete the online admission application, including:
- Essay questions, admissions and program-specific
- Resume/curriculum vitae (CV)
- Non-refundable $50 application fee
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities where you earned a degree or certificate.
- email transcripts to [email protected], or
- mail to:
Office of Admissions
Antioch University New England
40 Avon Street
Keene NH 04341-3516
- Two letters of recommendation are required, from people who are in a position to evaluate your professional or academic work. The person making the recommendation may not be related to you.
- There are additional requirements for International applicants.
- Interview with a faculty member of the department to which you seek entry if selected. This can be in person, by phone, or via Skype.
Official transcripts should be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to:
Office of Admissions
Antioch University New England
40 Avon Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03431-3516
All application materials submitted become part of an applicant’s file and cannot be returned.
|Summer 2021||May 1, 2021|
|Summer 2022||April 15, 2022|
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree, or have complete at least 60 credits at an accredited institution, to enter the Master’s Program or the Certificate Program.
Foundation Studies Prerequisite for TSHE studies:
Applicants with 5 years of professional experience of working in a school or practice based on anthroposophical foundations. Camphill students who have completed Level 2 of Camphill academy and are enrolled or have completed the advanced level may apply.
If you are interested in Waldorf Teacher Education, please complete the Waldorf Programs Questionnaire.
Upon receipt, we will review the questionnaire and communicate with you about your background. If you need further work in this area, we will share suggestions on how to proceed.
Please continue with the application process for admission at the same time as you complete the Waldorf Programs questionnaire. If you have questions along the way, feel free to contact Dana Kedziora, Waldorf Admissions Counselor, or book an appointment with Dana via this link.
For additional questions, you may email Carol Renzelman, Administrative Director, Education Department.
A college education is an investment in your future. Let us help you understand the costs and explore the resources available to help make your college education even more affordable. The majority of AUNE students finance their education through some form of financial aid. You may not be sure which federal, state, public and private aid packages – such as loans, scholarships, and grants—are right for you. Our staff is here to help you, so you can focus on what’s most important: beginning your academic program at AUNE.
|Waldorf Education Degrees||Tuition Cost per Credit||Total Program Credits|
|Waldorf Teacher Education, MEd - Summer Sequence or Year-round Delivery||$826||32|
|Waldorf Teacher Education (Year Round delivery) NH State Licensure Pathway, MEd||$826||40|
|Transdisciplinary Studies in Healing Education, MEd||$826||32|
Students Embody Breadth of EdD’s New Multicultural and Antiracist Concentration
by Jasper Nighthawk on December 20, 2021
The SLIDE Project: School Librarian Investigation – Decline or Evolution
by Mair Allen on September 29, 2021
Sharing Knowledge in Bilingual and Transdisciplinary Education
by Hunter Gagnon on July 10, 2021