Antioch University’s graduate certificate in Humane Education will help you develop expertise in the foundations of humane education and enables students to raise awareness and educate effectively about the interconnected issues that affect people, animals, and the environment, with a focus on bringing about long-term, systemic change.
This Certificate is offered by Antioch New England in partnership with the Institute for Humane Education.
Antioch University’s graduate certificate in Humane Education is comprised of the five core courses required for the master’s degrees in humane education (listed below). Students who already have a master’s degree, or who are not interested in pursuing a full degree, are welcome to apply to the Graduate Certificate program.
This 15-credit Graduate Certificate program in Humane Education is delivered online, allowing students to remain in their teaching professions and/or communities while attending graduate school.
You will take the following foundational courses in humane education:
- Introduction to Humane Education
- Environmental Ethics
- Animal Protection
- Human Rights
- Culture and Change
How to Apply
- Complete the online admissions application, including:
- Essay questions, admissions and program-specific
- Resume/curriculum vitae (CV)
- Non-refundable $50 application fee
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities where you earned a degree or certificate.
- Two letters of recommendation are required, from people who are in a position to evaluate your professional or academic work. The person making the recommendation may not be related to you.
- There are additional requirements for International applicants and applicants without a Bachelor’s degree
- Interview with a faculty member of the department to which you seek entry if selected. This can be in person, by phone, or via Skype.
- Master’s and Certificate Programs do not require the GRE or any other standardized test for admissions. We consider all of your application materials, and evaluate your academic potential in a variety of ways.
Official transcripts should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Office of Admissions
Antioch University New England
40 Avon Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03431-3516
All application materials submitted become part of an applicant’s file and cannot be returned.
December 1 for Spring Start
Tuition & Financial Aid
We are currently seeking approval for this certificate to be eligible for federal student loans; please check with Financial Aid for updates.