AUNE has a long tradition of attracting and inspiring educators who think outside the box. Our Teacher Education Self-Designed Concentration builds an infrastructure through six core classes, but then allows you to meet your own personal goals by creating a unique program from courses throughout the department and University. Explore areas that you’re curious and passionate about in order to custom-tailor an educational experience that is personally designed to help you excel personally and professionally.
This degree is offered by AU New England.
Meet your own goals by creating a unique program from courses throughout the department and the University. Interested in Waldorf Education and sustainability? Curious about the connection between mindfulness and teaching? Do you want to focus on integrating the arts into your elementary curriculum? It’s all possible here in the Experienced Educators program. Prospective students can talk to a faculty member to propose a course of study and then your own advisor will help guide you through the program to meet your goals.
Choose the learning style that works for you
We have a mix of online and face-to-face courses. Choose the style that best meets your needs. If you are interested in hands-on coursework, you may want to concentrate your time in our summer semester or for our weekend intensive electives. If you find that online learning fits your lifestyle better, then you can choose from among our online courses to meet your needs.
Required Courses for the Self-Designed Concentration are:
- Philosophy of Education and Change
- Developing Mind
- Child Study Practicum
- Curriculum Practicum
- Equity and Change Practicum
For course descriptions, please see the current course catalog.
- MEd for Experienced Educators, Digital Media Specialist
- MEd for Experienced Educators, Educating for Sustainability
- MEd for Experienced Educators, Integrated STEAM Education
- MEd for Experienced Educators, Library Media Specialist
- MEd for Experienced Educators, Mindfulness for Educators
- MED for Experienced Educators, Nature-Based Early Childhood Education
- MEd for Experienced Educators, Place-Based Education
- MEd for Experienced Educators, Principal Certification
- MEd for Experienced Educators, Problem-Based Learning Using Critical Skills