Psychoanalytic treatment is supported by empirical evidence. Below is a list of resources regarding psychoanalytically oriented empirical studies.
- Shedler, J. (2002). A new language for psychoanalytic diagnosis. Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association, 50(2), 429-456.
- Shedler, J. (2010). The efficacy of psychodynamic psychotherapy. American Psychologist, 65(2), 98-109.
- Shedler, J. (2017). Where is the evidence for “evidence-based” therapy?. The Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 41(2), 319-329.
- American Psychoanalytic Association Empirical Studies Bibliography
- Austen Riggs Center Scientific Evidence to Support Treatment Delivered at Austen Riggs
- Contemporary Freudian Society Effectiveness of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapies
- Johnathan Shedler Selected Writings
- Luborsky, L., & Barrett, M. S. (2006). The history and empirical status of key psychoanalytic concepts. Annual Review of Clinical Psychology, 2, 1-19.