Antioch’s Center for Climate Preparedness and Community Resilience delivers applied research, consulting, and education and training. Our approach is solutions oriented, pragmatic, participatory, and inclusive and is based on change leadership best practices and systems thinking. We focus on stakeholder capacity building at the local scale (watershed, municipal, county, region) of preparedness and resilience nationally and internationally, with an explicit awareness of social and climate justice.
- Implement climate resilience at the local level through stakeholder capacity building, applied research, education, and training, while strengthening organizational sustainability.
- Mentor and increase student capacity to apply their educational knowledge in an applied setting to secure employment post-graduation.
- Transfer current research from Antioch faculty, staff, and students into on the ground best practices to be shard with communities.
- Strengthen revenue streams.
- Develop new products and services.